|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||Up to £89,995|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||3 June 2019|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for Lead DevOps Engineers to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing digital services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. In BPDTS Ltd our fast growing team of digital experts is driving that change.
Here you’ll join a thriving DevOps community working at the cutting edge of service delivery using the latest and greatest tech and tooling. Our DevOps approach is pivotal in making service delivery a reality, putting new services into the hands of UK citizens including some of the most vulnerable in our society.
You and your role
We’re looking for exceptional, experienced DevOps Engineers who have proven experience in the development, deployment and support of digital services built on a track record of stability, availability and quality.
This is a real opportunity to lead, create and drive digital services and solutions which will truly enhance our public services.
Our DevOps Engineers are embedded in a range of multi-functional agile delivery teams, guiding them to build and deploy, using industry best practices, the platform and products that make up our citizen services.
You’ll champion technical evolution and cultural change within the organisation and in our community. You’ll help our teams to find, test, agree and adopt emerging technologies while maintaining a pragmatic focus on delivering user needs efficiently.
As well as being “hands-on”, as a Lead Engineer you will provide delivery focus and technical oversight to our delivery teams, as well as providing guidance and mentoring to our wider community of DevOps Engineers. You will take responsibility for identifying problems and defining solutions using your fully loaded toolbox of techniques.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience of configuration management software like Puppet or Ansible and scripting languages like BASH, Perl or Python
- Extensive experience of using, operating, patching and securing Linux operating systems like RHEL
- Extensive experience of deploying, supporting and patching public, cloud-based applications that are repeatable, scalable, resilient and highly available (including APIs and microservices)
- Extensive experience of modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other engineers
- Experience of leading DevOps Engineers in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior stakeholders
- Tangible track record that demonstrates your ability to quickly make, influence and justify sound technical decisions.
- Extensive experience of implementing multi-project deployment and release processes in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience working with a technical architect to specify the architecture and technical approach for the delivery of product being developed.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
Leeds is one of our most established hubs, so you’ll work alongside some really talented teams on high profile projects. If you’re not satisfied by the facilities onsite, which include coffee shops, restaurant, swimming pool and a dentist (not fun but very handy), then you’ll find the best of the city on our doorstep. If you’re anything like us you’ll find every excuse to grab some great street food for lunch from the likes of Manjit’s Kitchen and Fat Annie’s in our near neighbour Kirkgate Market.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £89,995
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use a LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
For more information and a chat contact: VANBURN.KIRWAN@DWP.GSI.GOV.UK