|Location||Newcastle or Blackpool|
|Salary||Up to £20,232|
In addition to salary there is a very competitive pension, a generous annual leave allowance, great work/life balance include flexible working, family friendly policies and much more
|Closing date||28 March 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
DWP are looking for a Associate Service Analyst to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You’ll be keen to take on the challenge of working for the UK’s largest government department in a role with a remit to protect over £170 billion worth of payments including payments to some of the most vulnerable members of society.
You and your role
As an Associate Service Analyst you work as part of a team, you undertake a range of service management activities, e.g. resolving incidents, tickets, issues, and responding to queries addressing all aspects of the Products and Services including reference to policies and processes.
You triage issues, to support and escalate where appropriate to relevant IT service functions. You provide a single view on service performance for key stakeholders.
You provide IT business support and make sure that Products and Services are performing effectively.
Other duties include:
• Support the wider team by gathering data to input into reports on Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) to produce key management reports on adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) including interpretation and analysis of data.
• Support the Monitoring of adherence and effectiveness of policies, standards and guidelines for IT service delivery including problem, incident, and knowledge management.
• Track and, if required, escalate major incidents to progress resolution.
• Take responsibility for ensuring the Continuous Service Improvement Plan is regularly updated with the current statuses and actions are followed up.
• Provide support to Service Managers, including scheduling meetings, taking the minutes and managing the progression of actions (e.g. Service Review Meetings).
• Log and track incidents.
• Monitor and track the progress of product related incidents to agreed product support targets as well as manage end user communication and expectations relating to the Product/s.
• Input data into TechNow including SLAs, service information, problem and resolution profiles, reference data, and contract and support details
What are we looking for?
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a disciplined environment under pressure to meet challenging objectives and timescales.
• Experience of delivering a consistently high standard of customer service internally and/or externally.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our easy-to-reach digital hub in either Newcastle Upon Tyne or Blackpool, both modern, vibrant workplaces designed for and by members of our community.
You’ll enjoy the coffee shops, restaurants and gym facilities we have onsite, as well as loads more. Get in touch to find out more about your preferred site.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary Up to £20,232 a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• And lots more…
Building Our Future
DWP takes development seriously. Our aim is for you to appropriately skilled and qualified.
To support this aim you may be required to undertake a work based qualification, which may be in the form of an apprenticeship, which will support you in further developing your professional knowledge and skills for this role and your future career development.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com