|Number of vacancies||2|
|Location||Manchester, Newcastle or Blackpool|
|Salary||Up to £49,482|
|Incentive compensation||Pension and Bonus|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||12 March 2019|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for Backup & Restore – Infrastructure Engineer Support Analysts to work with us on one of the biggest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
In BPDTS Ltd you will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP. Joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
You and your role
As a Backup & Restore Analyst in BPDTS, you’ll be working with predominantly EMC Recoverpoint, EMC Networker Suite, EMC DataDomain, IBM Spectre / Tivoli Storage Manager, HPE VTL & Tape backup solutions
You will be part of a wider team who are critical in supporting and maintaining the infrastructure across the DWP estate. This in turn allows DWP users to provide services to millions of vulnerable UK citizens.
You will be joining a motivated team where opportunities expand upon your skills, be mentored, coached and gain exposure to our vast technical environment.
What are we looking for?
- Experience building data protection solutions using the EMC Networker and Data Domain
- Day to day administration of IBM Spectrum Protect/ TSM enterprise backup & recovery infrastructure, with prior experience on TSM For VE (VMWare)
- Good hands on experience on troubleshooting Backup issues within various environments
- Expertise in problem solving, installation, Configuration, Performance Optimization and Backup administration/Configuration of Tape Library/Robot drives
- Knowledge of Rubrik and NetBackup
- Experience implementing both Lan & Lan free backup solutions
- ITIL Certification with demonstrable in depth experience of Service Management in complex, multi-supplier environment including the definition and implementation of Service
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
We know that you don’t have to be based in London to be a great analyst.
We have easy-to-reach digital hubs in Newcastle and Manchester, conveniently close to the Metro/train station. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Our central hubs have the best of the city on the doorstep, and we have a range of facilities across the sites from cafes, coffee shops and restaurants, to ping pong, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £43,028 p.a
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
If you really impress us with your skills and experience then we may be able to negotiate the maximum salary.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via email@example.com