|Number of vacancies||3|
|Salary||Up to £48,452|
|Work hours||37.5 hours per week|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||14 February 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big?
Are you a Business Analyst seeking a new challenge?
Can you help in leading the way in business process improvement?
Are you ready to join us in a massive digital challenge?
Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for Business Analysts to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
We’re looking for Business Analysts to support the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), in implementing change and improvements, including defining requirements on some of the UK’s biggest public-facing services.
You’ll be working alongside product owners as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver a “world class service” designed for people who use them in line with the governments’ Digital service standard.
You’ll be rewarded for your contribution with development opportunities and pay that reflects your expertise.
You and your role
As a Business Analyst working in BPDTS you’ll have experience, working within range of stakeholders and focusing on defining requirements and capturing user needs.
You will manage stakeholder relationships and advance the BA community through a range of activities including the sharing of best practice and mentoring others.
You will have the ability and expertise to contribute to the development and progression of the Business Analysis Practice within BPDTS with a focus on legacy systems and VME. You will lead small to medium projects and support larger and more complex projects.
Working on the end to end journey you will ensure the user can complete their goal and the service provided meets the policy intent
Essential Skills and Experience
• Can work effectively at pace across both agile and waterfall methodologies.
• Understand the development lifecycle in terms of stages, principles and the changing responsibilities of the business analyst.
• Elicit requirements using a range of techniques in order to understand current processes and gather and prioritise new requirements.
• Investigate requirements, problems and opportunities and support effective solutions to meet user need.
• Produce quality requirements documents; construct process and data models and other outputs appropriate to the audience and methodology.
• Support scoping and priority setting of change initiatives.
• Identify, engage and effectively manage relationships with stakeholders
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Legacy benefit business and systems knowledge
• Technical understanding of the Virtual Machine Environment and VME COBOL
• Subject matter expertise of heritage benefit systems
• Analytical ability to compare legacy system documentation and code to impact high profile changes
• Understand Business Implementation principles and issues relating to legacy systems
• Understand principles of testing phases in different project environments and the link to legacy and remediation requirements documentation.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
A great site designed for and by members of our digital community, here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £48,452
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
If you really impress us with your skills and experience then we may be able to negotiate the maximum salary.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
How to Apply?
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via email@example.com