Number of vacancies
£35,310 — £40,666
37 hours per week
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working and lots more…
24 January 2021
Do you want to use your skills defining the field of digital identity?
Do you have a passion for Business Analysis and Modelling?
Do you have expertise in defining and translating requirements?
Are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation in a truly agile environment?
Then we’d love to hear from you! Click Apply now to start an application.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products, service, support and payments to around 20 million people at key times in their lives.
DWP Digital offers uniquely challenging and fulfilling careers for people interested in using their skills to make a genuine difference to society. Few other organisations globally provide the same opportunity to apply next-generation digital technology on a massive scale to issues which touch the lives of so many.
You and your role
You’ll provide expert BA service to our trailblazing Identity and Trust team. You’ll also become part of the largest and best established BA community of practices in the UK.
Identity Services are shaping our society. The ability to identify yourself securely and easily online, and in person, in crucial to everything from e-commerce to accessing critical services like those provided by DWP. We improve how people access and control their ID and their data so that interacting with DWP works for everyone.
You’ll work as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering technical developments and user centered design. And you’ll have chance to manage and develop other Business Analysts in our community.
This is no run of the mill Business Analyst role, it’s far more exciting!
We’re at the forefront of Identity and Trust on this team, and we’re genuinely breaking ground and shaping the landscape for UK government services. You will help define roadmap deliverables, deploy and embed technological changes – including voice and facial recognition – which help UK citizens access support and services. You’ll work alongside key stakeholders to map process, and build user stories.
We’ll also ask you to collaborate on technical developments with wider teams including programmers, developers and testers in a discovery based environment.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- You can demonstrate experience of applying Agile principles to iteratively deliver increments of value.
- You can confidently elicit and define epics, user stories & acceptance criteria following best practice principles.
- Can identify, elicit and define non-functional requirements using NFR catalogues or similar.
- Collaboratively supports the prioritisation of the backlog.
- You facilitate workshops, interviews and document analysis, as well as working closely with User
- Researchers in order elicit needs and develop a shared understanding of current processes.
- You do investigative work to identify gaps, potential waste and suggest improvements. Applies and monitors appropriate use of modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards required.
- You build strong relationships with stakeholders, taking into account individual views and ideas and tailoring the approach.
- You work with stakeholders to identify objectives, opportunities and potential benefits available.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Sheffield, the home of Identity Services in DWP.
Find out more about all our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech to work flexibly. Many of us are working from home right now due to Covid-19.
We offer a competitive salary up to £40,666, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, tailored to your career goals
- Work in an environment shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
- Bring your authentic self to work, with ‘I can be me in DWP’
Sound good? CLICK APPLY now to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
For further information click apply or contact email@example.com