|Number of vacancies||47|
|Location||Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield|
|Salary||Up to £62,203|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||19 September 2019|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for DevOps Engineers to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing digital services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
We’re continually collaborating with our DevOps and SRE knowledge to solve problems and improve the network for the benefit of the department and our users.
We work in multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that our diverse ideas and technical inspiration can be incorporated into our daily work stream, helping us to provide the best service and outcomes. We also attend daily stand-up meetings for individually assigned workflows and application improvements so we can maintain flexibility and adapt during team absences. By doing this we can ensure we’re aligned with individual department platform needs and function.
Here you’ll join a thriving DevOps community working at the cutting edge of service delivery using the latest and greatest tech and tooling. Our DevOps approach is pivotal in making service delivery a reality, putting new services into the hands of UK citizens including some of the most vulnerable in our society.
You and your role
We’re looking for exceptional, experienced DevOps Engineers who have proven experience in the development, deployment and support of digital services built on a track record of stability, availability and quality. This is a real opportunity to lead, create and drive digital services and solutions which will truly enhance our public services.
Our DevOps Engineers are embedded in a range of multi-functional agile delivery teams, guiding them to build and deploy, using industry best practices, the platform and products that make up our citizen services.
You’ll champion technical evolution and cultural change within the organisation and in our community. You’ll help our teams to find, test, agree and adopt emerging technologies while maintaining a pragmatic focus on delivering user needs efficiently.
As well as being “hands-on” you will provide delivery focus and technical oversight to our delivery teams, providing guidance and mentoring to our wider community of DevOps Engineers. You will take responsibility for identifying problems and defining solutions using your fully loaded toolbox of techniques.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience of configuration management software like Puppet or Ansible and scripting languages like BASH, Perl or Python
- Extensive experience of using, operating, patching and securing Linux operating systems like RHEL
- Extensive experience of deploying, supporting and patching public, cloud-based applications that are repeatable, scalable, resilient and highly available (including APIs and microservices)
- Extensive experience of modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other engineers
- Experience of leading DevOps Engineers in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior stakeholders
Plus, it great if you have:
- A tangible track record that demonstrates your ability to quickly make, influence and justify sound technical decisions.
- Extensive experience of implementing multi-project deployment and release processes in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience working with a technical architect to specify the architecture and technical approach for the delivery of product being developed.
Where will you work?
You’ll join one of our brilliant digital hubs in your choice of Leeds, London, Manchester, Sheffield or Newcastle. We’ve got great facilties on each site, from a swimming pool in Leeds, to a gym and sports courts in Newcastle. And we’re centrally located so, as well as great onsite food options, there are loads of places nearby to meet, eat or shop.
At DWP Digital, you will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers. We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £62,203., a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning, development, coaching and mentoring for all.
- And lots more
Click APPLY for more information and to start an application via Civil Service Jobs now.
If you’d like to discuss this opportunity please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org