|Salary||Up to £34,285|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||23 November 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP are looking for ambitious Digital Capability Manager to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As a Digital Capability Manager for DWP you will act as the Practice Resource Manager for our Architecture practice,
You will be responsible for maintaining accurate capability and availability data for members of our Architecture community, to help match people and skills to demand across DWP. So when one of our teams says “I need a Solutions Architect”, that’s where you step in.
You’ll working closely with our Head of Practice Mike Ratcliffe and other Heads of Role for architecture, like Simon Fielding, Nic Harrison, Dylan Jones, and Tony Nicol, to deliver the objectives within the Architecture Practice Plan, driving an increase in the technical expertise, professional capability and engagement of the practice community.
You will need to quickly develop and maintain strong relationships and networks primarily with our senior leaders and across the wider Practice community, but also with other partners such as the DWP Recruitment Team, vacancy holders, line managers, and Directorate Business Management Teams, in order to deliver successful resourcing outcomes.
In this role, you will:
• Primarily lead on managing the assignment of architects across Digital – supporting the recruitment and assignment of architects into the Digital directorates.
• Support community building aspects of the Practice, such as the delivery and administration of Practice community communications and events, such as Conferences.
• Act as a single point of contact for Practice queries and requests, and manage the shared Architecture Practice inbox.
• Ensure Practice information / documentation is managed, saved and made available, appropriately.
Other responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with cross-team colleagues from to plan, coordinate and ensure the effective supply of the right people and skills to our teams.
- Maintaining accurate resource profile, specifically resource capability and availability data to support deployment and managemen
- Maintaining accurate data on recruitment and attrition, organisation structure and membership
- Coordinating on-boarding action for new hires into the Practice.
- Contributing to the development of a consistent professional Practice culture.
- Assessing and improving the effectiveness of communications
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Experience of resource management, including recruitment administration.
- Ability to communicate in a straightforward, honest and encouraging manner, choosing appropriate styles to maximise understanding and impact across a range of staff groups.
- Experience of supporting the planning and delivery of events including identifying risks, dependencies and communications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Skype/Teams.
- Good interpersonal skills, with an ability to build and improve professional relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to use and maintain accurate data, and analyse it to inform decisions, planning, forecasting and reporting e.g. for resource planning and availability.
- Understanding of a technical profession Practice model (desirable)
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Blackpool: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/blackpool
We also have all the tech and tools we need to work flexibly. Many of us are currently working from home due to Covid-19.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £34,285 brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com