|Number of vacancies||15|
|Location||Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester and Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £49,248|
|Work hours||37.5 hours per week|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more…
|Closing date||23 April 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big?
Do you have experience as in people and performance management in tech-digital services?
Do you have the business acumen to identify opportunities and strategically recruit grow and develop tech teams? Do you have exemplary stakeholder management skills? Are you people-centric, creative, pragmatic and operationally focused?
And are you ready to be part of a massive digital transformation? Then you will love it hear and we’d love to hear from you.
You and your role
As a Digital Service Practice Manager, you will primarily be responsible for the development and performance management of a group of up to 25 practice members. You will play an important part in building capacity, developing and leading a sustainable Agile capability within your Practice.
Meet our team of Digital Service Practice Leads and find out about our 6 practices:
• Product Design
• Delivery Management
• QA /Engineering
• IT Service Management
• Data & Analytics
You will work closely with other Digital Service Practice Managers and the Digital Service Practice Leads to focus on service development and innovation, ensuring that your practice quickly matures and grows in insight, capability and service quality.
Working in partnership with DWP, you will share and provide insight, innovation and improvement ideas, building a close, collaborative network of digital professionals. As an experienced digital professional, you will support BPDTS’s ambitious goal to grow significantly as an organisation, helping to attract and retain high calibre digital professionals at all stages in their careers.
You will use your personal network and insight to support recruitment activity across DWP’s hub sites in Manchester, Newcastle, Blackpool, Leeds, Sheffield and London.
What are we looking for?
- A proven ability in successfully leading operational teams in a fast-paced multi-disciplined environment within a Digital/Technology Services Organisation
- Strong experience of managing people and deploying resources, dealing with challenge and influencing and building capability with proven results
- Excellent communication skills, articulate and credible at a senior level, able to manage strong relationships with stakeholders, delivering difficult messages, if needed
- Great planning and organising skills, able to react positively and quickly to competing priorities with minimum disruption to the business
- Experience of collaborative working and managing change in a service environment
- Experience of managing complex personal cases, including discipline and poor performance
- Contributing to or influencing organisational transformation
- Technical services business development
- Working in Agile/Waterfall environments and understanding of constraints and requirements when working with or interfacing with legacy systems
- Background in the delivery of technical services, or hands-on experience of areas such as Architecture, Product Design, Software or Engineering, QA, Data & Analytics, Delivery Management or IT Service Infrastructure
Where will you work?
Watch our CEO Loveday Ryder explain our vision for BPDTS:
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them. Our mission is to be the partner of choice for DWP for tech services and an employer of choice for the very best tech talent.
We’re genuinely a different option to both civil service and private sector for tech experts. We’re the third way – nimble, flexible and agile like a small tech co, but with responsibility and the ability to make a difference to society, to do work in the public interest with the power to change lives.
Your role will be based in your choice of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in either Manchester, Newcastle, Blackpool, Leeds or London. There will be some travel to other hubs: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/dwp-digital-hub-locations/
We provide our teams with the latest tech and tooling, and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
We have a range of facilities across the sites including coffee shops and restaurants, table tennis, yoga, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more. Get in touch to find out more about your preferred location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £49,248 per annum dependant on level of expertise
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you 25 days’ annual leave, with the option to buy and sell days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
For further information and to start your application click Apply. You will need to register your CV and add a supporting statement on our online application portal.
Please contact email@example.com if you require any additional details or you want to talk about the role.
Please note that this role requires SC Clearance at BPSS level which may take up to 4 weeks