|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Newcastle and Manchester|
|Salary||Up to : £42,915|
|Incentive compensation||Pension + Bonus|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more…
|Closing date||4 March 2019|
Want to be part of something really big?
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a skilled Engineer with a background in Infrastructure Operations (Network & Telecommunications), to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe.
As a Network & Telecomms Engineer, you’ll be working with a wide range of tools and technologies such as TCP/IP routing protocols, including OSPF and BGP, network services like DNS, DHCP as well as server virtualisation techniques NFV, SDN and SD-WAN.
You will work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives. We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. Our fast growing digital community is driving that change.
What are we looking for?
• Experience of network security products and countermeasure techniques, including firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPN’s), encryption and authentication techniques
• Knowledge in TCP/IP routing protocols, including OSPF and BGP
• Knowledge in common network services, including Directory Name Service (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Network Time Protocol (NTP), and load-balancing techniques
• Knowledge of Cisco data-centre products, including ACI and Cisco CCNP/CCDP certification or equivalent experience/skills
• Knowledge of server virtualisation techniques, Network Functions Virtualised (NFV), Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Software Defined WAND (SD-WAN)
• Awareness of next generation firewalls/application firewalls
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in either Manchester or Newcastle.
Each of these hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
In Manchester we have the best of the city on the doorstep. With great views over St Peter’s Square we’re super accessible by train and tram and there are loads of great places nearby to grab some lunch or to head for a team social. If you fancy a bit of culture we’re just a 2-minute walk from Manchester Art Gallery (it’s free!).
In Newcastle you’ll work on some of our most high-profile project teams, alongside talented people from across government and beyond. Great facilities here include coffee shops, restaurants, snack bars, gym facilities and a 5-a-side football pitch. We’re just a really short hop from Longbenton Metro station.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £42,915
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org