|Number of vacancies||2|
|Location||Manchester or Sheffield|
|Salary||£31,989 — £47,857|
|Work hours||37 hours per week|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working and lots more…
|Closing date||28 October 2020|
Digital with Purpose.
• And are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation?
Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!.
DWP Digital are looking for ambitious Front End Developers to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation.
This is a unique opportunity to join a forward thinking and dynamic team tasked with the strategic design and implementation of one of the largest Identity Access Management (IAM) solutions in Europe. It is anticipated to support in excess of 30 million active citizen accounts.
Development. Work. Projects.
Our Front End Developers are responsible for building accessible and performant interfaces across multiple devices and browsers.
You will help build elegant, accessible and scalable services that meet the needs of our users, working as part of a supportive, multi-functional Agile delivery team. We also Integrate Back-end services and work with cross-functional teams to ensure services are built to high standards
You’ll have chance to use your knowledge of modern web development stacks, web standards, user experience, progressive enhancement, performance, accessibility, browser compatibility, tooling and pipelines.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Building accessible and performant interfaces across multiple devices and browsers
• Writing and sharing quality test-driven code, using modern frameworks and development techniques
• Integrating into Back-end services, working with cross-functional teams to ensure services are built to high standards
• Ensuring that the design and implementation of services is consistent, both internally and with the rest of wider UK government services
• Identifying and understanding technical and business constraints, and responsible for work within them whilst contributing back to existing government frameworks
• Seeing the bigger picture within which the service operates to help define and maintain standards
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
• experience of node.js Development
• understanding of software design principles, including progressive enhancement
• experience in building robust and accessible interfaces that work for as many users as possible, regardless of their needs
• experience of using testing to validate solutions
• understanding of agile environments and version control
• an understanding of web security principles
• understanding of technologies used for web applications, e.g HTTPS, JSON and REST
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs your choice of Manchester or Sheffield.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We’ve just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We offer competitive salary between £31,989 – £47,857 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working and family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning, development, coaching and mentoring
• Career pathways and progression
• And lots more
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com