|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Manchester and Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £78,000|
|Incentive compensation||Pension + Bonus|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more…
|Closing date||19 September 2019|
Want to be part of something really big?
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for Head of User Experience Command Centre to work with us on one of the biggest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
In BPDTS Ltd you will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP. Joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
You and your role
As the Head of UXCC you will define, implement and be accountable for a world class Operations Control service provided to DWP. In this key role you will ensure that the service aligns to the strategic vision and goals of BPDTS and DWP, meeting the needs of users and exceeding their expectations through consistent and innovative improvements in proactive service monitoring.
You will define the strategy, roadmap and implementation approach, to enable high performing delivery which, transforms the service delivered by the Operations Control Centre.
What are we looking for?
• Good general awareness of IT infrastructure components (e.g. Server, Storage, Back Up, Network, Middleware, Linux, Windows)
• Good general awareness of system monitoring tooling (e.g. BMC toolset)
• Good General awareness of service management tooling (e.g. ServiceNow)
• User Focus: Gives direction on which tools / methods to use. Is experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels. Able to bring insight and expertise in how user needs have changed over time to ensure these are met by the business. Applies strategic thinking in how to provide the best service for the end user.
• Ownership & Initiative: Takes accountability of issues that occur and is proactive in searching for potential problems. Achieves excellent user outcomes.
• Community Collaboration: Able to work collaboratively within a group, actively networking with others and engaging in varying types of feedback choosing the appropriate time and ensuring the discussion sticks. Uses initiative to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them. Able to pull out issues through agile health-checks with the team to provoke the right responses.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Newcastle or Manchester where we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
In Manchester we’re right on St Peter’s Square with great views over the town hall and Central Library, so we’re easy to reach by train, tram, bus or bike. We have lock-up in the basement, with showers, if you do like to cycle in.
In Newcastle, we’re just a short walk from Longbenton Metro. We’re a real centre for digital craft in the North East, hosting meet ups, events and more. We enjoy great facilities, including our gym, sports courts and great food and drink options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of Up to £78,000
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
• Learning, development, coaching and mentoring for all. With loads of great networking and community events.
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity, please contact me via email@example.com