|Number of vacancies||2|
|Salary||Up to £52,925|
|Employment type||Full Time|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||3 June 2019|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing digital services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
You might already be working in DevOps with knowledge of principles, technology and best practice. You may also be software engineer, infrastructure engineer or working in test automation with an appetite for a move into DevOps.
Either way you’ll join a thriving DevOps community working at the cutting edge of service delivery using the latest and greatest tech and tooling.
Our DevOps approach is pivotal in making service delivery a reality, putting new services into the hands of UK citizens including some of the most vulnerable in our society. It’s a critical role so we want to support you however we can.
You’ll receive on the job coaching, mentoring and support, working closely with and learning from our Senior and Lead DevOps Engineers. You’ll also have access to loads of training and development, internal and external, with invites to conferences, meet-ups, events and more.
If you’re a tooling led software engineer or Infrastructure engineer with some automation or scripting experience we’ll get you out into the field on a suitable project to make best use of your existing skills while you gain some incredible experience and develop leading-edge new skills.
What are we looking for?
If you’re talented, ambitious and you want to be a part of a learning, buzzing DevOps community – and you want to use your skills to deliver stuff that really matters into the hands of people that really need it – then you’ll be right at home here.
- Significant and demonstrable experience of using, operating, patching and securing Linux operating systems like RHEL
- Significant and demonstrable experience of configuration management software like Puppet or Ansible
- Significant and demonstrable experience of scripting languages like BASH, Perl or Python
- Significant and demonstrable experience of deploying, supporting and patching public, cloud-based applications
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple stakeholders.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in our brilliant new digital hub in Newcastle. Our Newcastle teams enjoy facilities including a gym, a 5-a-side football pitch, restaurants and snack bars, including the very excellent wrap shack, offering a daily burrito-style specials guaranteed to sort you out. We’re just a short walk from Longbenton Metro station.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £52,925
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Click Apply for more information and to start an application. Get in touch with me via email@example.com for a chat about this job.