|Number of vacancies||4|
|Salary||Up to £41,332|
|Incentive compensation||Pension + Bonus|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||20 December 2018|
Infrastructure Engineer – Applications & Desktop, BPDTS Limited
Want to be part of something really big?
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for talented Infrastructure Engineers with the capability to investigate and resolve complex incidents within the infrastructure services and solutions for the DWP.
This role provides technical support to Digital Workplace Desktop Services and covers a wide range of applications and services, to the opportunity is there to demonstrate existing skills and develop new ones across a broad array of products.
You will work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives. We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. Our fast growing digital community is driving that change.
You and your role
In this role you will need ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex incidents across multiple technology domains in the provision of infrastructure services.
You will need strong stakeholder management skillsets, and you’ll frequently use your ability to effectively communicate at different levels, across support teams, engineering, business users, architecture and 3rd party suppliers.
You will be part of an energetic Applications and Desktop engineering support team, transforming solutions and services offered to over 90,000 users in the department.
You will work with and support third parties in the provision of infrastructure services, lend your skills to projects, developments and campaigns and also help support the technical development of your other team members.
Our model of assignment means that over time and subject to business needs there will be opportunities to undertake varied roles across different delivery areas, where you will be fully supported in developing your skills.
What are we looking for?
- Significant experience of working with incident ticketing systems and processes
- Significant ‘hands on’ experience of working within an agile environment
- Strong stakeholder management skillsets, with ability to communicate effectively across all organisational levels
- Ability to lead teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex incidents across multiple technology domains
- Ability to effectively communicate at different levels, across support and engineering, business users, architecture and 3rd party suppliers
We’ll also be looking for experience of infrastructure technologies including:
- Windows 10
- Server 2012
- Active Directory
- IT Asset Management and managed Software Asset Management
- Anti-Virus and Endpoint Encryption including Symantec Product Set
- Software Distribution including products such as Radia
- Virtualisation Technologies including products such as VMWare and Infrastructure Virtualisation Platforms; and Patch Management
- Ivanti Environment Manager (Appsense)
- System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in our easy-to-reach digital hub in Manchester. Each of our nationwide hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
In Manchester you’ll find brilliant agile teams enjoying a brand new digital hub with a great view over St Peter’s Square, Central Library and the Town Hall. Here, we’ve got the best of the city on our doorstep with amazing options for lunch nearby and lots of easy ways to get around, whether by tram, train or on your bike. If you do want to come in on your bike, why not take advantage of our great cycle-to-work scheme too?
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £41,332
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
If you really impress us with your skills and experience then we may be able to negotiate the maximum salary.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
For further info click apply or contact firstname.lastname@example.org