|Number of vacancies||8|
|Location||Blackpool or Manchester|
|Salary||Up to £62,856|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||8 December 2019|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Technology Asset Management specialist to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users using a huge, uniquely diverse platform of technology products, tools and other assets.
You and your role
As an Infrastructure Engineer – Technology Asset Manager (TAM) you will be skilled in multiple disciplines, a role model in technology asset management with proven experience in the design, development and implementation of TAM services and management of TAM tools, in support of infrastructure operations.
You will also have responsibility for the operational management of our asset management processes, driving value for money by ensuring all assets are recorded and maintained accordingly. This includes hardware and software assets through all stages of the asset management lifecycle and all underpinning policies & processes.
You’ll add to the knowledge and experience of our Asset Management community, bringing a deep understanding of license compliance, optimising purchase, entitlements, consumption, and maintenance (both hardware & software). And you’ll be responsible for harvesting, procurement and cost efficiency in delivering hardware and software asset management services along with experience in vendor audits including major suppliers.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- You have experience in Technology Asset Management, delivering at all stages of the asset lifecycle
- You can effectively communicate at different levels across a range of stakeholder, suppliers and vendors and senior leaders.
- You have experience of leading, supporting and mentoring the development of team members to successfully deliver high quality outcomes that meet customer needs and provide value for money.
- You’ve got experience of suggesting and delivering innovative ideas for improvement and assessing customer satisfaction.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Blackpool or Manchester.
Find out more about your preferred location here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £40,701, a brilliant civil service pension with 27%+ employer contributions, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now. If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via email@example.com