|Location||Newcastle or Manchester|
|Salary||Up to £59,233|
|Incentive compensation||Upto 10% Pension + Bonus|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||19 February 2019|
Want to be part of something really big?
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for Infrastructure Engineers with a background in Unified Communications to help support over 90,000 users with platforms such as Skype for Business.
In BPDTS Ltd you will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP.
Joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
You and your role
In this role you will play a key role in the design, build, and operations of Skype for Business Client and Skype for Business Server, SfB Online (O365), SfB 2016 client in relation to a Unified Communications environment.
As you’ll be working on the implementation and support of Skype for Business for over 90,000 users, we are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer with strong implementation experience of Skype for Business along with hands on experience with Microsoft.
The work you will do will make and keep DWP better connected, more flexible and more able to deliver one of the largest digital transformations in Europe. We’ll ensure you are challenged and supported and given all the tools you need for this critical job.
What are we looking for?
• You are familiar with tools for troubleshooting Skype for Business and Skype for Business Monitoring tools.
• You have experience in Audio Video collaboration, communication, Skype room Systems and Microsoft Surface Hubs.
• You have lots of ‘hands on’ experience within an agile delivery environment.
• You have acted as 3rd line support for incidents, problems and changes to infrastructure solutions and services.
• You can work within a team to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems across the Unified Communications technology domain.
• You have experience of performing the administration and support of all infrastructure solutions and services.
• You have experience of technical-change impacting and performing changes in a live service environment.
Your key tech
• Skype for Business client troubleshooting, Server Admin.
• Windows Server 2012 R2, DNS, DHCP.
• Office 365 administration.
• Cisco Call manager Enterprise Voice, understanding with Skype Integration.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in our easy-to-reach, friendly digital hub in Newcastle.
Our hubs have been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
In Newcastle you’ll find some of our best multi-disciplinary teams working on high profile, high impact projects. We’re dead handy for the metro, just a 5 minute walk from Longbenton station, and the great facilities onsite include stuff like a gym, an indoor 5-a-side pitch, our legendary Wrap Shack with a delicious daily special wrap for under £4, and loads of places to grab snacks and a cuppa.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £59,233
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
If you really impress us with your skills and experience then we may be able to negotiate the maximum salary.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via email@example.com