|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||Up to £89,995|
|Incentive compensation||Pension + Bonus|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||21 May 2019|
Want to be part of something really big?
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Lead Network Engineer to join the team responsible for designing and implementing leading edge solutions in one of the UK’s largest multi-site environments. We are looking for someone with the right attitude and aptitude, to join our BPDTS Ltd community, working to support over 90,000 people in the UK’s largest government department.
You will work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives. We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. Our fast-growing digital community is driving that change.
You and your role
We want someone with broad ranging skills and experience to join an energetic 3rd line support team.
You will be capable of working across the current and future configuration squads, where we offer a great balance of work including incident, problem, change and release management.
Our model of assignment means that over time and subject to business needs there will be opportunities for you to undertake varied roles across different delivery areas, where you will be fully supported in developing your skills.
As a Lead Infrastructure Engineer you will have responsibility for delivering the transformation of our current networks to a world class zero-trust environment. You’ll ensure best of breed products and services are deployed and internal capability is ever-improving.
You will also have ongoing responsibility for the full range of products that make up Network Services. You will work in collaboration with a range of internal/external partners, stakeholders and customers to ensure the operational stability, robustness, resilience, availability and quality of DWP Networks.
It’s obviously an important role for us, and we’ll work hard ensure you feel equipped and empowered to deliver and that the value of your contribution is recognised.
What are we looking for?
• Enterprise Data Centre Network solutions, specifically on Cisco Nexus, and F5 infrastructure
• DNS and DHCP deployment on InfoBlox in large scale organisations circa 100,000 users
• 802.1x and network Segmentation technologies
• Secure private gateway solutions to AWS, Azure, O365
• Implementing security and authentication solutions based on next generation firewalls / application firewalls, specifically Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto, Forum Sentry and F5 BigIP
• Meraki WIFi campus designs and installations.
• Experience of implementing network security products and countermeasure techniques, including Next Gen firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), encryption, and authentication techniques
• Thorough understanding of TCP/IP routing protocols, including OSPF and BGP and common network services, including Directory Name Service (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Network Time Protocol (NTP), and load-balancing techniques
(it’s great if you have some of these, and if not these are the sorts of skills and experience you’ll be able to add to your toolset in this role):
• Experience and technical capability across projects and service lifecycle e.g. application support and management, project management, solutions architecture and operations
• Experience of designing and implementing VMWare solutions
• Experience of implementing server virtualisation techniques, Network Functions Virtualised (NFV)
• Design and implementation of BMC Network Management solutions.
• Significant experience in enterprise network infrastructure design, engineering and consultancy
• Significant experience of the products, services and techniques used to design and build Cisco data-centre solutions
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems across multiple technology domains with the ability to effectively communicate at different levels, across support and engineering, business users, architecture and 3rd party suppliers
• Managing the implementation of complex technical solutions.
• Recognising and managing dependencies and risks, driving through to successful implementation
• Working to tight timescales and challenging deadlines
• Technical authoring of Knowledge Articles and operational working practices
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in our easy-to-reach digital hub in Newcastle. Each of our nationwide hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £89,995
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
For further info click apply or contact email@example.com