|Salary||Up to £80,198|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||18 August 2019|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Product Owners with leadership experience to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
As a Lead Product Owner, you will drive the product teams in the programme or service. You will be as focused on managing people as managing products.
You’ll be involved in a range of programme management activities, leading a team of Product Owners, in support of the service owner/programme lead. You will provide leadership and direction to all products within a programme or service.
As Lead Product Owner you’ll be an expert leader and manager. You will have deep knowledge of product management techniques. For this role you should have an understanding of ‘middleware’ product exploitation and lifecycle management. In DWP this product is called OSMP, comprising of On-line Dialogue integration service, API Channel and File Distribution services.
What are we looking for?
- You are expected to have led a team to effectively deliver change.
- You have worked across department or functional boundaries in order to effectively communicate your vision and gain stakeholder buy in.
- Have provided leadership advice and developed product strategy and its roadmap.
- You’ve managed and mentored product teams in order to delivered highly quality products and services.
- You have experience in developing and continuously improving service, increasing performance & Quality.
- You have experience of adopting innovative technologies / approaches to technologies to deliver business benefit.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant Blackpool hub. It’s a beautiful site, set in a reclaimed nature area, which we share with wild rabbit, birds, fish and a family of otters. We have great facilities including a gym, coffee shops and a restaurant.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £80,198, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now and continue an application via Civil Service Jobs.