Manchester, Manchester City Centre
|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Manchester, Manchester City Centre|
|Salary||up to £80,198|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more…
|Closing date||28 August 2019|
Check out the futuristic work the team are getting up to here.
If you’re creative with a passion for learning new things, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring your ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a talented Lead Product Owner to join DWP’s Digital Delivery for Shared Platforms (DDSP) project and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes, a once-in-a-generation tech-driven reform of government products and services.
What is DDSP?
Digital Delivery for Shared Platforms evolves and transforms some of the most critical systems in DWP, unleashing the potential of Digital services to reduce overheads, cost and friction for citizen and agent-facing services.
Our Integration Technologies, Payment Services and Citizen Information teams work together to enable the successful delivery of services across DWP.
You’ll join our brilliant DDSP Payments Services team.
Payments are core to the services we provide; they are critical to helping people live better lives. We are the biggest payer in the UK serving some 22m people, who collectively receive a total of £170b annually, delivered on time and in the best form for them.
Tech innovation, open banking and changing customer needs mean payments are being transformed at pace in DWP and externally. We are thinking radically about how we deliver and evolve payment services and how ambitious we need to be to meet the future needs of the Department, our citizens, Government and industry. We need Payment Services need to be efficient, modern, fast, scalable, flexible and innovative, available 24/7. We need you to help us get there.
You and your role
As a Lead Product Owner, you will manage the evolution of the highly visible and key strategic products for Payment Services in DWP Digital. You’ll provide strategic and tactical product leadership for: programme management, leveraging your expert support of the service owner and business goals to establish and communicate a clear direction for all products within the programme and service, whilst maintaining the high level roadmap.
You’ll offer extensive experience and depth in people and thought leadership with demonstrable involvement in the creation and conception of a significant programme, product or project. That could be a leading on a large application, system or service or even a significant change programme.
As this is a Payments Services role, some banking and payments experience would be helpful too.
What are we looking for?
- You’re a product and strategy guru: you have created and communicated a product roadmap, delivered though leadership, strategy and direction for product in a large and complex organisational context.
- You simply deliver: you have successfully delivered one or more products meeting a number of successful outcomes
- You’re on top of industry trends: you are a product and technology expert, experienced in significant technology based change programmes.
- You can solve it like Sherlock: you can make effective decisions based on incomplete information using a range of techniques. You solve problems and empower others to do the same.
- You’re an effective communicator: you take and act upon challenge from stakeholders. You work across department or functional boundaries in order to effectively communicate a product vision and gain stakeholder buy in. You have also worked with users to articulate their needs and communicated these to a product team
Where will you work?
You’ll join us in our easy-to-reach digital hub in Manchester where we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
In Manchester we have the best of the city on our doorstep, with loads of great places nearby to meet, eat or to soak up a bit of culture. We have brilliant views over St Peter’s Square, looking out over Central Library and the Town Hall. We’re really handy for the train, bus or the tram, and we have a basement level lock up (with showers) for your bike.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £80,198, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk