|Location||London, Manchester, or Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £89,995|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||1 February 2019|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
Joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
You and your role
An expert and evangelist you’ll lead a community of software engineers, providing coaching, direction and technical leadership and guidance. We want you to be at your best, so we want you to work in a way that you know fits you best. And we’ll support you and your teams however we can.
We write code to create applications and infrastructure, with automated and manual testing being used to make sure it works, is high quality and bug free. We use cutting-edge design, data and a full range of innovative technologies to try out new ideas, experiment, iterate and innovate at pace.
We’re delivering against a huge agenda of change and it can be challenging so, like us, you’ll need to love what you do, love learning new tricks and love inspiring and leading others.
What are we looking for?
- An understanding of enterprise programming concepts for delivering RESTful APIs such as message queues and event sourcing.
- Extensive experience in leading Software Engineering teams responsible for delivering high availability, high performance, high scalability, high stability software applications and services.
- An understanding of Agile delivery approaches, software craft best practices, and experience of developing software within a Micro-Service architecture (and when to utilise)
- Experience of working collaboratively with a technical architect to define and specify the architecture and technical approach for the product being developed.
- Experience of software development process optimisation and establishing standards of systems integration and testing.
- Can lead Software Engineers in test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks.
- Experience of leading and continuously improving multiple Software Engineer teams in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales
- Able to lead the translation of user stories and guide teams in the right direction, demonstrating strong application design capabilities.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hub in London, Manchester, or Newcastle (your choice). Each of our brilliant hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Our central hubs have the best of each city on the doorstep, and we have a range of facilities across the sites from cafes, coffee shops and restaurants, to ping pong, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £89,995
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.