|Location||Blackpool, Leeds & Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £82,764|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||31 December 2018|
Do you want to be part of something really big?
We are looking for a Technical Architect to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives. In BPDTS a relaxed culture empowers our teams to focus entirely on the incredible outcomes we’re trying to achieve.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. Our fast growing digital community is driving that change.
You and your role
As a Lead Technical Architect you will play a key role ensuring that we make the best use of exisiting technology, and makes considered decisions about future technology investments required to transform technology architecture for the UK’s biggest government department.
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring your talent and ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
What are we looking for?
- As Lead Technical Architect you should have broad IT experience with in-depth understanding of application design & development, tooling, methods,integration, infrastructure, data and security
- You have a background as a very senior developer/architect with a wide range of programming, design and architecture experience
- You are proficient with wide range of technical systems, involved in selecting technology, approaches, and designing systems and can demonstrate proficiency across a broad range of technical areas to ensure that the functional architecture is grounded in reality.
- You have experience in developing large scale IT Architectures in acomplex, multi supplier environment.
- You can translate solutions in to business terms and communicate to stakeholders and the ability to work independently but also as part of the wider team.
- You have a clear understanding of the current technology architecture, create a definition of the future architecture and provide options for the transformation to that future in a complex, multi supplier environment.
- You have a proven ability to undertake detailed analysis of technical designs and provide the business with assurance of supplier designs and proposals and where necessary experience of driving innovation.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
We have easy-to-reach digital hubs in Blackpool, Leeds and Newcastle. Each hub is designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
What is our offer
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £82,764
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
If you really impress us with your skills and experience then we may be able to negotiate the maximum salary.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information.You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.