|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne or Sheffield, Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne or Sheffield|
|Work hours||37.5 hours per week|
A flexible benefits package to suit you including up to 10% pension contributions, up to 10% annual bonus, generous annual leave and fantastic work life balance
|Closing date||13 January 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big?
Are you a great influencer with excellent stakeholder management skills?
Are you a robust delivery focused leader?
Are you able to capture, articulate and report data into action?
Are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation?
Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!
About you and the role
BPDTS Ltd is a new organisation that provides Application Development Maintenance and Support services to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). You will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP. Joining an innovative, supportive community of skilled digital professionals, you will work in agile and creative ways in order to improve technology services, to the benefit of 22 million UK citizens.
We are in the midst of one of the largest digital transformation in Europe.
As an MI Manager to work with us providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives. In BPDTS a relaxed culture empowers our teams to focus entirely on the incredible outcomes we’re trying to achieve.We have built a framework of key performance indicators for BPDTS which now needs to be delivered and further developed as we grow as an organisation.
As MI Manager, you will be responsible for producing reports for our Board, our customers in DWP and for other stakeholders including liaison with HR /Finance and IT leads.
This will involve capturing key information, reading demand signals from and interpreting that data for presentation. This data will cover the full range of performance using the principles of a balanced scorecard.
You will also be responsible for further improving the reporting of our performance, including benchmarking. The main focus of this role understanding requirements from the customer and commissioning data client centric reports.
This role requires a strategic and consultative approach in developing business information systems and their improvement and implementation of MI best practice.
The successful candidate will have some reporting technical skills to be able to analyse and report against a complex set of organisational objectives, but also the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across a dynamic growing organisation,
This role has previously been Part Product Owner Part Product Manager and has evolved into a Business Information Developer that meets customer demands and outcomes.
You will articulate and have the gravitas to deliver reports to a senior level and able to secure collaboration from a wide range of information providers
Please note that this role requires SC Clearance at BPSS level which may take up to 4 weeks
What are we looking for?
• You will be people-centric with a high degree of interaction with senior managers /stakeholders and Board members.
• Strong Business Analysis skills and experience delivery and management of data information systems
• Experience in supporting data reporting
• You will have a proven ability to deliver and improve MI reporting against a complex set of organisational objectives
• Great planning and organising skills including working to demanding deadlines
• A strategic and consultative approach in developing business information systems (non-technical)
• Exploring information system as a user – commissioning from people and internal ATS
• Ideally, you will have performed client facing leadership roles in PMO / Portfolio Management /automated Cloud Data
• Experience in delivering and improving MI for a digital service organisation
• Experience in Agile ways of working
• Experience in the use of benchmarking
• Power BI (Microsoft)
The key attributes that we value for this role are…
• Excellent Senior Stakeholder Management skills
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• Proactive /Fast Learner who can pick things up quickly
• Proactive with confidence to help with process improvement
• Diplomacy with an awareness of complex matrix organisational culture, governance and internal processes which may include competing interests
Where will you work?
The role will be based in one of our easy to reach digital hubs in Leeds London, Newcastle, Sheffield, Blackpool or Manchester.
Each hub is designed for, and by, members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling, and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Each of our nationwide hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Our central hubs have the best of each location on our doorstep, and we have a range of facilities inside from coffee shops and restaurants, to table tennis, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £52,095 dependant on level of expertise
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information and to start your application click Apply. You will need to register your CV and add a supporting statement on our online application portal.
Please contact email@example.com if you require any additional details.