|Salary||Up to £52,925|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more’
|Closing date||21 May 2019|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for talented SAS Software Engineers to work with us on one of the biggest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
In BPDTS Ltd you will be joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals who work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
You’ll receive on the job coaching and support, working closely with and learning from our other experienced Engineers. You’ll also have access to loads of training and development, internal and external, with invites to conferences, meet-ups, events and more.
If you’re talented, ambitious and you want to be a part of a learning, buzzing Engineering community – and you want to use your skills to deliver stuff that really matters into the hands of people that really need it – then you’ll be right at home here.
You and Your role
We’re looking for SAS engineers to join our thriving community of software engineers and developers.
You will be responsible for the development and operational stability of the products you build. We want you to be at your best, so we want you to work in a way that you know fits you best. And we’ll support you however we can.
We write code to create applications and infrastructure, with automated and manual testing being used to make sure it works, is high quality and bug free. We use cutting-edge design, data and a full range of innovative technologies to try out new ideas, experiment, iterate and innovate at pace.
You should be driven to deliver, creative and able to manage your own work and responsibilities. We’re delivering against a huge agenda of change and it can be challenging so, like us, you’ll need to love what you do and love learning new tricks.
What are we looking for?
- Significant and demonstrable knowledge of SQL and database applications such as MySQL.
- Demonstrable experience of working with SAS 9.4. particularly SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Data Integration Studio and SAS Management Console / Environment Manager.
- Significant and demonstrable experience implementing Software Engineering best practices. Experience of developing in cloud based environments with the ability to build and test interfaces between systems.
- Being able to quickly comprehend and convert business requirement and user stories into technical solutions and engaging with multiple senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience working with Software Engineering collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack.
- Experience of using SAS Enterprise Miner.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in our easy-to-reach digital hub in Blackpool. Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
In Blackpool you’ll enjoy great facilities including a gym, coffee shops, snack bars and a restaurant. We have lots of parking, and we share our site with wonderful wildlife including rabbits, birds, koi carp, and recently a family of otters. It’s a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £52,925
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our community, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity, please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org