|Salary||Up to £62,146|
In addition to salary there is a very competitive pension, a generous annual leave allowance, great work/life balance include flexible working, family friendly policies and much more.
|Closing date||27 March 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
DWP are looking for a Technical Security Operations Analyst – Engineering Manager to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users. We are looking for candidates with
You’ll be keen to take on the challenge of working for the UK’s largest government department in a role with a remit to protect over £170 billion worth of payments including payments to some of the most vulnerable members of society.
Working for the Department’s Cyber Resilience Centre (CRC) as the Technical & Security Operations Engineering Manager. CRC has a vital role in securing the DWP IT Estate; ensuring that DWP service delivery is not affected as a result of potential malicious activity from either internal or external threat actors. You will work to ensure the integrity and the smooth running of the CRC function.
You will be working with government and private sector partners to build and mature this capability, detect malicious behaviour, and respond to cyber threats.
You and your role
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the specification, design, build, configuration and operation of infrastructure services and solutions to best practice standards. The systems, services and operating procedures developed must be capable of passing UK government accreditation or risk management processes for systems handling data at Official-Sensitive protective marking level.
Other duties include:
• Providing internal consultancy expertise on the technical design, deployment and operation of firewalls, routers, switches, VPN technology, PKI services, virtualisation technologies, authentication techniques, operating systems (Linux and Windows) and associated hardware AND Design, deployment and operation of applications utilising commercial and open source software.
• Providing expertise in TCP/IP and associated security and routing protocols AND Service management, business continuity, disaster recovery, troubleshooting, problem management and root cause analysis across multiple technology domains.
• Managing support (incident and problem management) of infrastructure solutions and services in line with organisation and service requirements acting as escalation point as required.
• Fully documenting systems and processes, with documents stored in a central repository and appropriately controlled.
• Managing your team’s commercial processes around the specification, procurement and support of systems including licensing, hardware and software support.
What are we looking for?
• Proven experience of incident management and assessing risk.
• Technologies and solutions – demonstrable experience and technical capability across projects and service lifecycle e.g. application support and management, project management, solutions architecture.
• Experience of implementing, managing and supporting services that are aligned to the business strategy and operational requirements.
• Experience of identifying essential details within a complex situation.
• People management experience.
You will be required to show evidence of having successfully achieved the following compulsory training or industry equivalent:
• CoP CSDRA – Core Skills in Data Recovery and Analysis
• Cisco – CCNA – Security or Routing & Switching
• Red Hat – RH124 & RH134
• Red Hat System Administration
• VMware – vSphere 6.x, installation, configuration and management
• SIEM Searching & Reporting, Visualisation
• SIEM Enterprise Admin level
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our easy-to-reach digital hub in Central London. Right at the heart of government in Westminster, our hub has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
A short hop from St James’s Park tube station and close to Victoria station, we have the best of the city on the doorstep. There are loads of places to pick up a nice lunch to enjoy in the park (when the weather picks up), or you can grab the daily special from our onsite restaurant. The jerk chicken is always a big hit. We’ve also got access to a gym, table tennis, a library and coffee shop and loads more.
And why not get involved in the choir or one of the other great clubs and sessions that we regularly run? Or start your own?
You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
You will be part of a team who provides support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and as a result you may be required to work as part of an on call rota, which will also attract occasional out of hours working (i.e. after 8pm until 8am), and may include travel to different sites.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary Up to £ 62,146 (London) a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• And lots more
Building Our Future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in your ability.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll share ideas with colleagues from across the tech community, and grow your skills via our coaching and mentoring programmes.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org