|Number of vacancies||2|
|Salary||Up to £63,354|
|Work hours||37.5 hours per week|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more…
|Closing date||29 March 2018|
Do you want to be part of something really big?
Do you have expertise in leading Big Data Engineering pipelining projects in the Cloud?
Are you proficient in Hive/Hadoop Stack, Python or Scala?
And are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation?
Then click APPLY now, we’d love to hear from you!
We currently have a Data & Analytics community of 80 Engineers and we are looking for additional 2 x Senior Big Data Engineers with expertise in data pipelining in Cloud/Cloudera.
You’ll help BPDTS Ltd to take raw data and land it so that DWP can shape real change to products and services used by millions. This includes one of our flagship projects the “Child Analytic Platform” (CAP) where we will look at data analysis to help protect children.
Watch Corinne share what to expect at DWP Digital…
About you and the role
BPDTS Ltd is a new organisation that provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them every day.
As public servants, we help make a difference to people at critical times in their lives – as they look for work, deal with illness or disability, support children after separation, or plan for retirement.
Operating on a scale unrivalled almost anywhere, our people work with experts in DWP Digital’s community to create effortless, secure and intuitive digital services that are used by millions of people.
What are we looking for?
- Developing, maintaining and continually improving data engineering, automation and scaling capabilities
- Working with Data Architecture and Solution Architecture to agree technical options
- Work collaboratively with Quality Assurance colleagues and Data Managers responsible for the day to day testing and live running of data products and services
- Ratifying resource estimates to inform development plans and overseeing project development plans
- Lead multiple Data Engineering teams providing technical leadership and guidance, coaching and mentoring
- Contribute and set strategic direction for the delivery teams and the Data Engineering community
- Lead in sharing knowledge and good practice with the wider Data Engineering community
- Leading the teams engagement with senior project and programme managers
- Cloud/ Cloudera
- Spark SQL
- Hive SQL
- Spark Streaming
- Core Java Spark
- NoSQL eg Hbase, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Java Programming
- Background in DevOps / Data Operations
- NoSQL databases and distributed filestore
The key skills and experience we value for this role are..
- Extensive, hands-on experience on Data Engineering projects delivering data processing pipelines in a cloud or on premise environment (distributed ETL and machine learning) using Hadoop to support different analytics use cases, relating to high-volume, complex and distributed datasets
- Extensive hands-on experience on Data engineering projects with extensive knowledge of data architecture concepts and technologies e.g. data lakes, data streaming, and big data including ELT, ETL and data modelling
- Extensive proven experience of big data engineering techniques and concepts using Hadoop; data streaming, data transformation, data loading strategy, data archiving, data reconciliation, data manipulation, data integration, error handling, error logging mechanism, standards and best practices with hands-on experience in developing data solutions
- Advanced coding skills and in-depth knowledge of: Spark SQL Hive SQL Spark Streaming Scala DFS OOzie GitHub Unix
- Developing data solutions on Oracle, Cloudera or HortonWorks platforms
- Leading, upskilling and motivating a team in a multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific timescales and working alongside multiple senior stakeholders
Where will you work?
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Leeds.
Each of our nationwide hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Our central hubs have the best of each location on our doorstep, and we have a range of facilities inside from coffee shops and restaurants, to table tennis, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £63,354
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
Building our future
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any additional details.
For further information and to start your application click Apply. You will need to register your CV and add a supporting statement on our online application portal.