|Location||Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and London|
|Salary||Up to £62,146|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||21 July 2019|
If you’re creative and skilled, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Business Planning & Performance Managers with a drive and passion for Digital to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and high profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
You will be joining an exciting, motivated and forward thinking team implementing radical improvements, while promoting Digital working and its benefits. And delivering products and services that are used by 22 million people in the UK, including friends, family, neighbours and some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
If you are looking for a Business Management role that differs from the norm, where you will use your skills to help real people, you will struggle to find a bigger, more challenging and rewarding opportunity anywhere in the UK. Click through or get in touch to find out more.
You and your role
You will be at heart of everything we do, working closely with senior directors and having real input in influencing the direction of digital services in government. This is important work and requires you to make and facilitate key decisions which will enable the success of our ambitious digital delivery agenda.
So, we need you to come in and hit the ground running by making connections across the organisation and extending the reach of the team. And if you thrive working in fast paced environments by getting things done in the day to day – you’ll fit in well.
You will be exposed to a wide variety of high level portfolios and projects, where you will need to analyse and articulate information on subjects such as, resource and budget requirements, workforce planning, internal audit and risk, management information and reporting, people and performance issues and much more.
You’ll build strong relationships and links with senior stakeholders, technical digital and portfolio staff and health transformation experts, and you will work across these areas to pull everyone together. You’ll have the confidence to challenge and be empowered and encouraged to do so, no matter who you’re working with.
And you will be able to transfer all of your knowledge and skills and adapt them to a digital environment, understanding the background and what our challenges are likely to be.
What are we looking for?
- You can analyse data, draw conclusions and credibly present information in order to influence and persuade board members to take action or make decisions.
- You have leadership experience, working across professional boundaries with a diverse range of colleagues, including introducing and embedding new ways of working.
- You have experience of working in a large Digital organisation, or demonstrable understanding of how large Digital organisations operate in the context of this role.
- You have working knowledge of multi-year business plans, including resource planning in order to achieve key strategic benefits.
- You have working knowledge of financial budgeting, forecasting and reporting at board level.
- You have working knowledge of KPIs and Performance indicators to measure deliverables outlined in a Business Plan.
- You have working knowledge of Risk Management and/or Internal Audit in a large organisation at board level.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our brilliant, easy-to-reach digital hubs situated in Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester or Newcastle. Each of our sites has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers. We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £62,146, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning, development, coaching and mentoring
- Career pathways and progression
- And lots more
For further information and to start your application click apply.
Drop me a line via firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like a chat before you apply.