|Number of vacancies||6|
|Location||Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Sheffield|
|Salary||£34,448 - £43,920|
|Incentive compensation||An additional allowance of Up to £7000|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||1 March 2020|
If you’re creative and skilled, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Security Risk Managers to join our growing community of Security Risk Teams and help us embed Security and Risk across DWP and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
For this role security is embedded in everything you do, these roles forms part of the vital first and second line of assurance within Government’s ‘three lines of defence’ model.
Our Senior security risk managers support and ensure consistency in approach for the delivery of risk-informed decisions regarding current and future security investments required to protect assets, and transform security architecture.
You will play a critical role in co-ordinating and delivering the Enterprise Security Risk management and GRA programmes of work enabling a clear and realistic view of security risk information.
You will work with business and technology stakeholders to develop, update or review security risk assessments and security risk management plans, providing a holistic and strategic view of delivery as required.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
•An understanding of Information Security and Risk Management.
• You will have passion for technology, a willingness to develop your skills, to enable career enhancement within security and risk management.
• You will have good knowledge of IT and the ability to navigate across a range of IT systems.
• You will have proven leadership experience and the ability to engage, negotiate and communicate easily and confidently with people at all level.
• You’re a champion of continuous improvement and you can thrive in a challenging environment, working to tight deadlines while prioritising a large and varied workload.
• You will have previous experience of the successful delivery of business or project outcomes.
Desirable Qualifications: Qualification in Information Security, Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) or risk management (e.g. CISMP, ISO27005, GRC(P), CISM, CRISC, CISA, CISSP, CCSP) .
Where will you work?
Your role will be based in your choice of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in either Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne or Sheffield.
We provide our teams with the latest tech and tooling, and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary Up to £43,920, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package and an additional allowance of Up to £7000.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working.
• Family friendly policies.
• Volunteering and charitable giving.
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more.
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference.
• Paid training courses to gain relevant qualifications.
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
• And lots more.