|Salary||Up to £60,578|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||16 August 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for Senior IT Service Managers to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation Projects. We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services.
Our Service Management team deliver innovative solutions and manage the day to day support of Application and Infrastructure IT Services . We ensure digital services operate as they should 24/7, 365 days of the year. We handle IT requests and technology incidents to continuously improve service downtime and increase operational efficiency.
We offer attractive long term career opportunities, professional and advanced personal development and offer a range of unrivalled employee benefits whilst promoting a supporting and engaging working environment.
You and your role
As a Senior IT Service Manager you will work with Product Owners, Delivery Managers and Service Transition Managers to ensure that new services are taken successfully in to BAU Service.
You will be empowered to shape the strategy for the future particularly within automation of business applications, driving continuous service improvement, efficiency and outstanding customer service by liaising with client counterparts on service offerings, performance and escalation management.
You are accountable for operational risk and resilience to ensure service delivery excellence is maintained / improved.
You’ll undertake standard service management duties including reporting, incident management, problem management, service level agreement (SLA) and operational level agreement (OLA) management and may need to provide on call support in responding to queries addressing all aspects of the products and Services including reference to policies and processes.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of designing, building and leading a service team from concept to live in a complex multi-vendor environment.
- Demonstrable in depth experience of running services supporting Microsoft Products, particularly Office 365, Office Pro Plus, Email and File store in a large organisation.
- Experience of managing services in an environment with a large portfolio of projects introducing change to live.
- Experience of transitioning services from vendors to in-house teams and managing budgets and finances in excess of £20M. Proven record of managing and mitigating risk of impact to live services.
- Good people management and administrative skills.
- The ability to interact successfully with all levels of the client and multi-vendor organisation.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in our easy-to-reach digital hub in Leeds. Our Leeds hub is based in the city centre and is easily accessible by bus and rail. A shuttle bus service also runs on a daily basis to and from the railway station. Its facilities include a restaurant, coffee bar, vending machines, cycle shelter and showers. There’s also the Forum Leisure Centre and Woodpecker Café Bar which have a swimming pool, squash courts and a gym.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £60,578
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via Suchitra.email@example.com