|Number of vacancies||2|
|Salary||up to £57,275|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more…
|Closing date||19 August 2019|
If you’re creative with a passion for learning new things, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring your ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Senior Product Owners to join DWP’s Digital Delivery for Shared Platforms (DDSP) project and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes, a once-in-a-generation tech-driven reform of government products and services.
What is DDSP?
Digital Delivery for Shared Platforms evolves and transforms some of the most critical systems in DWP, unleashing the potential of Digital services to reduce overheads, cost and friction for citizen and agent-facing services.
Our Integration Technologies, Payment Services and Citizen Information teams work together to enable the successful delivery of services across DWP.
You’ll join our brilliant DDSP Citizen Information team.
We look after a critical national asset, and the personal records of 110 million people. Our main ambition is to keep our data safe and stay out of the headlines. If you don’t know about us, we are doing our job well, maintaining availability of our data and protecting against access by unknown actors.
Our services supply citizen information across DWP and beyond. We are working across DWP’s Digital Group to harness the power of our data and provide quicker access to a richer quality and greater understood sources of data. With your help we will create faster and more efficient bulk data sharing, more accurate benefit assessments and better debt recovery across DWP, other departments and third party partners.
You and your role
As a Senior Product Owner, you will manage the development of highly visible and key strategic products – Citizens Information for DWP Digital. You’ll provide strategic and tactical product leadership for product decisions, leveraging your knowledge of user needs and business goals to frame problems and set priorities for the delivery team and managing the product roadmap.
You’ll provide expertise and leadership working as part of a larger product team, managing more junior Product Owners. Or you may work with a Lead Product Owner to manage multiple products.
What are we looking for?
- You’re a strategy and product guru: you can create and communicate a product roadmap, receiving and acting upon challenge from stakeholders
- You simply deliver. You have successfully delivered one or more products meeting a number of successful outcomes
- You’re on top of industry trends: being an expert and experienced in significant technology based change programmes
- You can solve it like Sherlock: You can make effective decisions based on incomplete information using a range of techniques
- You’re an effective communicator: You take and act on challenge from stakeholders. You work across department or functional boundaries in order to effectively communicate a product vision and gain stakeholder buy in. You’ve also worked with users to articulate their needs and communicated these to a product team
Where will you work?
You’ll join our great team in Newcastle. In Newcastle we’re really close to Longbenton Metro station. It’s a great site with loads of cool facilities, like our gym, our indoor sports court, our great restaurants, cafes and snack bars and loads more. It’s a really collaborative, friendly place where we host regular events and meet ups.
In DDSP we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £57,275, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We have on offer a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk