|Location||London, Leeds, Blackpool, Manchester and Newcastle|
In addition to salary there is a very competitive pension, a generous annual leave allowance, great work/life balance include flexible working, family friendly policies and much more.
|Closing date||7 December 2018|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Senior Security Architects to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
As senior security architect you will be expected to ensure that the DWP makes the best use of its existing technology by supporting proportionate, risk-informed decisions relative to security investments, you will also by advise on security design assurance considerations including extensive remediation of legacy technologies and where appropriate, support transformation from legacy technologies to modernized platforms.
We’re looking for someone with considerable experience in an architectural or systems engineering role, we’re looking for an effective communicator, someone who is able to explain relevant concepts to a senior business audience.
A key element of this role will be to collaborate with other architects including Service Architects, Data Architects, Technical Specialist and Technical Architects to achieve our business agenda including the secure delivery of online public services.
You’ll ensure that DWP makes the best use of its existing technology by supporting proportionate, risk-informed decisions relative to security investments and also advising on security design assurance considerations including extensive remediation of legacy technologies. Where appropriate, you will also support transformation from legacy technologies to modernized platforms.
What are we looking for?
- (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent experience in security and risk management, asset security, security engineering, communication and network security, identity and access management, security assessment and testing, security operations and software development security.
- Proven experience in the design, implementation, integration and operation of enterprise scale IT security services, capabilities, systems architectures and networks, ideally within a large government or multi supplier organisation.
- Experience of contributing to the development of organisational strategies that address information control requirements, providing authoritative advice and guidance on the requirements for security controls.
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) or equivalent risk management qualifications or experience, with an understanding of IT security risk in a business context, and practical experience of developing and implementing proportionate strategies for controlling risks arising from transformational change.
- TOGAF 9.1. certification, or the equivalent deep understanding of security architectures, methodologies and frameworks, with practical experience of using industry standard enterprise architecture frameworks such as Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF).
- Experience of translating business and strategic requirements into IT and security solutions through improvements in information systems, data management, practices and procedures.
- A good understanding and awareness of new digital and emerging technologies, contemporary IT service design and delivery, and secure development practices, assessing their relevance and potential value to the Department.
- Practical experience of cyber security, privacy protection, cloud security, identity management, situational awareness, protective monitoring, security operations, risk management and reporting.
- Recognised as a subject matter expert, engaging with project and design teams, with experience of enabling technology change.
- Experience working with Technical Specialists and Technical architects, and product development teams, to specify and assure secure design solutions and technical approach for products developed in multi-disciplinary environments.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hub in London, Leeds, Blackpool, Manchester and Newcastle.
Each of our hubs is a modern, vibrant workplace that was designed for and by members of our digital community. Our central hubs have the best of the city on the doorstep, and we have a range of facilities across the sites from cafes, coffee shops and restaurants, to ping pong, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more.
Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary Up to £57,275 National and up to £62,146 London, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- And lots more
Building Our Future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in your ability.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll share ideas with colleagues from across the tech community, and grow your skills via our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information and to complete an online application via our website CLICK APPLY.
If you have any question please contact email@example.com