|Salary||Up to £57,275|
In addition to salary there is a very competitive pension, a generous annual leave allowance, great work/life balance include flexible working, family friendly policies and much more.
|Closing date||20 February 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
DWP are looking for a Senior Service Manager to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
In this role you will be responsible for service management across platforms, multiple channels and services to ensure service availability, performance and process maturity across this landscape.
We’re looking for people who are excited to take on the challenge of working for the UK’s largest government department in a role with a remit to protect over £170 billion worth of payments including payments to some of the most vulnerable members of society.
You and your role
As our Senior Service Manager you will ensure new and changed services are sufficiently and safely supported into live service whilst meeting the expectations of customers and service management standards, the successful candidate will be accountable for the performance of the products/services across the portfolio ensuring the service/product and support functions remain responsive to customer needs.
You’ll also be responsible for ensuring value and quality is achieved for the end-to-end support service of more than one IT service/product. In addition, you are also responsible for defining and maintaining service level agreements (SLAs) and operational level agreements (OLAs) to deliver to agreed performance targets in a cost effective and timely manner across all relevant functions.
You will establish and manage a programme of continual service improvements across the wider support team, ensuring these are aligned to quality management, risk management and security policies and procedures.
Other duties include:
• Manage the overall performance of the products/services ensuring the right capability is in place to achieve quality.
• Responsible for defining and managing all Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Operational Level Agreements (OLA).
• Establish and improve the policies, standards and guidelines for the delivery of Digital services/products.
• Participate in Service Design activities and Testing to inform new and develop existing Service Delivery governance processes.
• Perform analysis of specific Service/Operational Level target achievement, providing insight as required to address strategic issues that are not transparent in consolidated Services.
• Support the management and maintenance of the service catalogue relevant to their portfolio and ensure knowledge library is maintained.
• Responsible for ensuring all support services comply to service management processes and policies.
What are we looking for?
• Displays detailed knowledge and understanding of Digital Products and Services.
• Strong customer focus in managing the performance of the products/services within their remit ensuring they continually align to customer expectations and defined service targets.
• Ability to coordinate activities for major and business critical events, using effective communication and stakeholder management skills.
• Before applying please look at the attached Candidate Pack that goes into more detail about the job role and technical key skills we are looking for.
• ITIL Professional certification or an equivalent is mandatory to apply for this post
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Blackpool. We’re accessible from across the North West, and we have loads of free parking. You’ll join a community working on some of our most exciting, most high profile projects.
Here we enjoy facilities including a restaurant, a gym and a handful of coffee shops and snack bars. It’s a lovely site too; you’ll share space with lots of trees, birds, wild rabbits and a carp pond which is popular with visiting ducks and moorhens as well as Blackpoolers looking for a scenic spot for lunch.
Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £57,275, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• And lots more
Building Our Future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in your ability.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll share ideas with colleagues from across the tech community, and grow your skills via our coaching and mentoring programmes.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org