Number of vacancies
Blackpool, Manchester and Newcastle-upon-Tyne
£49,171 — up to £61,000 per annum
37 per week (flexible working)
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation
• Work in an environment shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
• Career progression opportunities and lots more
11 April 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for Senior Solution Architects to join our Hybrid Cloud Services (HCS) architecture team and become part of growing community of digital experts in DWP.
This role is ideally suited to a cloud infrastructure architect with significant experience of AWS, or experience of Azure and/or the Enterprise Microsoft technology stack.
DWP is the largest government department. We provide services and support to over 22 million people, and make payments worth over £195bn every year. There are over 110,000 colleagues and agents working with us and, right now, helping us lead the response to Covid-19.
We’re driven by an extraordinary purpose. In DWP Digital we’re transforming the products and services we deliver to make them work better for the people who need them.
And our pension offer is amazing – with circa 27% contributions from your employer – so you’re working towards a better future for you and your family while you’re helping to create better futures for millions of others in the UK.
We also want to ensure our people have a really good work/life balance. You’ll enjoy the benefits of flexible working, including flexi time which means you can manage how and when you work and also take extra days off.
Being an Architect here at DWP Digital is challenging, but rewarding. Check out the following blogs and hear from those currently meeting that challenge head on:
Using Hybrid Cloud in the Public Sector…
Life as a technical architect at DWP Digital…
My life as an enterprise architect in DWP Digital…
Inside the mind of a security architect
My surprise on returning to DWP Digital
Duties. Work. Projects.
Our Hybrid Cloud team design, build and run all DWP hosting infrastructure including Public Cloud and On-Premise hosting, and help product and service owners to transition to the Cloud.
Our vision is to support the wider DWP vision of world class ‘Digital by Default’ services by:
1. Providing an end-to-end ‘multi-cloud’ hosted service for DWP’s Product Development Units.
2. Providing a securely connected hosting service, removing DWP’s reliance on traditional hosting solutions and contracts.
3. Standardising, simplifying and automating delivery through a Target Operating Model (TOM) to accelerate PDU delivery.
Here you’ll design technical solutions (products and services) which meet the needs of millions of users and which align with DWP’s technical strategies and standards.
You’ll use your deep expertise to provide a consistent set of solution views and make the complex easy to understand. You’ll clearly communicate the design and construction of a solution to our stakeholders, and share technical knowledge to help our delivery teams achieve the best outcomes.
What skills and experience are we looking for in your application?
• Architecture design and modelling techniques, patterns, tools and standards.
• Public cloud technologies, cloud hosting, container, and networking design patterns, tools and best practices (especially Microsoft Azure).
• Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Serverless, and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) deployment technologies, design patterns, tools and best practices.
• Windows and Linux operating system technologies and deployment design patterns, tools and best practices.
• Agile / DevOps delivery methodologies and best practices.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team with a base office at one of our Digital Hubs at either Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle.
We have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Please click this link to have a look here to find out more about what is on offer at each site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via email@example.com
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link