Newcastle upon Tyne
|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Salary||up to £50,180 *Additional amount may be payable based on capability/skills|
In addition to salary there is a very competitive pension, a generous annual leave allowance, flexible working and much more.
|Closing date||5 March 2018|
DWP Digital offers uniquely challenging and fulfilling career opportunities for people interested in making a genuine difference to society.
We offer career-enhancing roles which apply the latest technologies and techniques to meaningful, high profile work. Our people also enjoy the security, flexibility and work-life balance that a brilliant civil service offers.
As a Senior Supplier Manager you will;
• Set the strategic direction and the management of the Contract Supplier Management team, ensuring that the planning and delivery of the Financial and Commercial approvals which support the delivery of Digital changes are in place.
• Work in conjunction with Delivery colleagues to identify the requirements for Commercial Contracts and with Commercial colleagues to identify the appropriate commercial routes.
• Manage the end to end contracting function, including the approvals process, through to contract signature.
• Define and manage the internal cost model.
• Manage the implementation of robust financial management processes for tracking expenditure against each contract and highlights areas of concern to delivery.
• Manage the transformation of the departments systems and services in becoming a ‘Digital by Default’ organisation, working with & utilising cloud technologies & suppliers as appropriate, to ensure a joined up delivery vision across Digital by understanding & contributing to the Digital Business Plan as appropriate
We want to hear from you if you have:
• Extensive experience/knowledge of the commercial life-cycle and experience of commercial negotiations
• Ability to lead the team throughout the full contract life-cycle, from initiation through to contract signature
• Substantial knowledge of contract management in a Technology environment
• Substantial knowledge and strategic experience of the full contract management life-cycle, with proven ability and understanding of contracts from the various frameworks
• Demonstrable experience of negotiations and working in complex multi-supplier, multi-stakeholder and deadline driven delivery
• Ability to demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and numeracy skills
• Ability to build relationships across organisational and supplier boundaries
• Proven track record as a leader who demonstrates experience of coaching and mentoring team members
• Substantial experience in understanding and interpreting contracts
• Flexibility to deal effectively with change and off plan activities
You can look forward to benefits including a very competitive salary of up to £50,180*, a generous leave allowance and a great pension.
We also have a fantastic, flexible benefits package which includes interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference.
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in your ability. You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement your existing skills and experience and those you’ll acquire on the job, as well as the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across the digital community and via our coaching and mentoring programmes.
If you would like further information regarding this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the below form.
Applications can be made by pressing the ‘apply now’ button below.