|Number of vacancies||4|
|Salary||Up to £64,195|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%,and lots more.
|Closing date||25 February 2019|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for Senior Technical Architects to work with us on one of the biggest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and Your role
As a Senior Technical Architect, you will contribute to the DWP technology code of practice and translate business requirements into IT solutions and migration roadmaps.
You are TOGAF certificated or the equivalent with practical experience of defining architectures, methodologies and frameworks.
We’re looking for someone with considerable experience in an architectural role, we’re looking for an effective communicator, someone who is able to explain relevant concepts to a senior business audience.
A key element of this role will be to collaborate with business projects, planners and designers to take an early view of how they can best use IT to deliver business change and achieve departmental objectives, whilst supporting the architectural design and development of individual IT based projects.
What we are looking for
• As a Senior Technical Architect, you should have broad knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks and experience in the development and usage of Technology Patterns.
• You have proven experience in developing and implementing technical architecture and design strategies in a multi supplier environment.
• You are expected to be challenging and advising on programming, design and architecture methods to be used as well as advising projects to make the appropriate trade-offs to ensure delivery.
• You have a proven ability to undertake detailed analysis of technical designs and provide the business with assurance of supplier designs and proposals.
• You are proficient in at least three technologies or tool sets and will have worked on at least one previous architectural assignment with the ability to work independently but also as part of the wider team
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Leeds or Sheffield. Each hub has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Our central hubs have the best of the city on the doorstep, and we have a range of facilities across the sites from cafes, coffee shops and restaurants, to ping pong, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more. Get in touch to find out about the site you are most interested in.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £64,195
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle. If you really impress us with your skills and experience, then we may be able to negotiate the maximum salary.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you. You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity, please contact me via Suchitra.Govindarajul@dwp.gsi.gov.uk