Number of vacancies
Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, or Sheffield
Up to £34,285
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
5 May 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives. We are looking for a talented Service Manager to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
Our multi-disciplinary DWP Digital teams use fresh ideas and leading edge technologies to put the user at the centre of everything we do. We create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
Duties. Work. Projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of our User Support Services (USS) Service Management Teams. We’re part of the wider service management community that supports the delivery and continuity of DWP’s live service, for over 100,000 colleagues and more than 22 million customers.
We handle IT requests for the entire department and provide 24/7 expertise to manage and restore services whenever issues occur. We use a service management tool to log IT requests, incidents, changes and problem tasks, along with instant messaging, chat service, and telephony.
We ensure that risks and issues are properly managed and contained. By working with DWP Digital project teams and operations colleagues, we optimise delivery of products and services, reduce downtime and increase efficiency.
Your responsibilities will cover end-to-end support products and services, promoting service quality and customer user experience improvements, and driving effective communication at all levels.
You’ll have chance to work on knowledge management, performance reporting, incident & problem management, resource and demand management, and improved customer service satisfaction.
If you’re motivated by delivering brilliant customer service to end users and meeting user demand and you want a fast paced, varied role with massive scope to grow your Service Management career, then apply today.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need to show us?
Detailed knowledge and understanding of Digital Products and Services
- Knowledge of a service management framework (e.g. ITIL) with previous experience of service management.
- Experience of independently supporting and maintaining products and proven track record of implementation, negotiation and delivery with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ensures colleagues and stakeholders have a clear understanding of objectives, activities and time-frames.
- Takes into account different individual needs, views, and ideas, champions inclusion and equality of opportunity for all.
- Consider the impacts of own and team’s activities on stakeholders and end users.
- Analyses data, produces the relevant reports in a standard format in an agreed timeframe utilising DWP standard applications, such as MS Office Suite.
- Works with key stakeholders to, present relevant data, provide commentary that provides an interpretation for the data set to support informed decisions.
Change & Improvement
- Regular reviews of own and team’s work and takes the initiative to suggest ideas and drive improvements.
- Provides constructive feedback and demonstrates a positive, open approach to the possibility of change and encourage others to do the same.
- Actively supports others in understanding changes and the reasons they are being put in place.
- Identifies and acts on the effects changes are having on your team’s work & identifies and utilises technology to achieve efficient and effective results.
Details. Workplace. Pay.
You’ll join us in a brilliant digital hub in your choice of Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, or Sheffield: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to – £34,285 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org