|Number of vacancies||5|
|Location||Blackpool or Newcastle-upon-Tyne|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||18 July 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
DWP are looking for Test Engineer –Test Analyst (VMER and BAU) to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users. Our Test Engineering community is absolutely central to making sure that the products and services we design and deliver, to the people that need them most, are the best they can be.
You and your role
This important test engineering role will be working on some major projects for DWP as we are moving onto VMER and into remediation.
We are looking for Test Engineers who can lead and manage a great test team. You’ll also take on execution plans yourself, perform defect management and sprint planning, arrange for deployments and make sure the environment is up to date and liaise with delivery management where and when needed.
We’ll need you to form a blended project team working closely with our delivery and architecture experts. There is also ‘business as usual’ platform work that the you will take responsibility for, including document release and work on any legislative changes that have to be incorporated into products.
You will also work as a member of the VMER Test Team or on work being directly managed by the Platform areas that own the VME Applications. Work here involves Test Preparation and execution of Linux/Oracle based applications with focus on functional knowledge of applications under test and technical knowledge of the architecture.
Test Tools that you’ll use include ALM for Test Preparation, Test Execution and Defect Management, UFT for Test Automation and Loadrunner for Performance Testing.
You will also…
- Perform risk based Test analysis to identify Test Scenarios/Cases from Requirements.
- Input to Test Plans.
- Prepare test cases in ALM and automation of test cases in UFT.
- Execute and monitor progress on agreed test cases within ALM.
- Run batch jobs in Autosys as part of Test Execution.
- Interrogate Oracle Databases and files as part of checking of Expected Results.
- Raise/Manage defects/re-tests for failed tests.
- Liaise with external parties to coordinate testing.
What are we looking for?
- Test Management experience.
- Risk based Test experience.
- Business Knowledge to understand/document Test Requirements.
- Good Knowledge of Test Automation and UFT.
- Good Technical skills ideally both in VME (IDSMX, PXS etc) and on Linux (Oracle, SQL, Autosys) as role requires hand-on running of batch, backup/restore of databases, data manipulation etc.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Newcastle or Blackpool – both are modern, vibrant workplaces designed for and by members of our community.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
In Blackpool you’ll enjoy great facilities including a gym, coffee shops, snack bars and a restaurant. We have lots of parking, and we share our site with wonderful wildlife including rabbits, birds, koi carp, and recently a family of otters. It’s a great place to work.
In Newcastle we’re really close to Longbenton Metro station. It’s a great site with loads of cool facilities, like our gym, our indoor sports court, our great restaurants, cafes and snack bars and loads more. It’s a really collaborative, friendly place where we host regular events and meet ups.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £39,087, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions in excess of 20%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and certifications
- Access to events, meet-ups and other great networking opportunities
- Defined career progression pathways
- And lots more…
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org