Launch your digital career with an apprenticeship at DWP Digital
Join our digital and technology apprenticeships programme and you’ll get a permanent job in the Civil Service, with a starting salary from £27,565 and full benefits. You’ll work on real projects that make a positive impact on millions of people’s lives and gain industry-standard qualifications.
We’re currently looking for Level 4 DevOps engineers. DevOps is a methodology and set of principles within engineering that speeds up development. It also allows incremental improvements by delivering code changes more frequently and reliably.
You’ll focus on implementing and facilitating a DevOps culture in DWP Digital whilst learning:
- common practices working in a DevOps environment, including agile, scrum, continuous integration, deployment and delivery of a product.
- networking and security principles both generally and within a DevOps context.
- DevOps tools and technologies.
- how to develop and architect infrastructure and automation pipelines.
- engineering skills to create automated, verifiable infrastructure and pipelines.
Level 4 DevOps engineer apprentices
Starting salary from £27,565 in the following locations:
Register your interest in future apprenticeships
We’ll be launching other digital apprenticeships in the future. Register your interest, and we’ll contact you as soon as we have any opportunities.
What you’ll get as an apprentice
Depending on the apprenticeship you choose, you’ll have the opportunity to gain technical skills in:
- acceptance testing
- agile ways of working
- application programming interfaces (APIs)
- artificial intelligence
- automated, verifiable infrastructure and pipelines
- business process modelling
- continuous integration, deployment and delivery
- cyber security
- DevOps tools and technologies
- data modelling
- hybrid cloud services
- micro services
- network design
- requirements engineering and management
- using big data and analytics
We combine this hands-on experience with virtual learning, delivered by our partner provider. This could include one-to-ones with tutors and dedicated skills coaches, lab tutorials or proper research projects. You’ll also have weekly meetings with your line manager and mentor.
You’ll benefit from a stable job within the Civil Service, with plenty of career prospects, as part of a diverse, vibrant community.
You’ll also be based in one of our digital hubs, but we’re set up for remote working too. You’ll benefit from all the tech you need to get you up and running at home while social distancing.
DWP Digital has diverse customers, and is an inclusive employer. We welcome applications from diverse candidates.
Your guide to apprenticeships with DWP Digital
Interested in joining our apprenticeships programme? Find everything you need to know about our opportunities, including salary, benefits and entry requirements.
Earning and learning after leaving education
Lizy is earning and learning, by completing a level 3 Microsoft infrastructure technician apprenticeship at our Newcastle hub.
Retraining as an infrastructure apprentice
It was always Donna’s intention to get back into the Civil Service, so when the opportunity came to apply for an 18-month apprenticeship in infrastructure she jumped at the chance.