|Number of vacancies||2|
|Location||Blackpool, Manchester and Newcastle-upon-Tyne|
|Salary||Up to £70,102|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more…
|Closing date||30 September 2019|
No two days are the same as a Service Transition Lead at DWP Digital…
One day your focus will be collaborating with stakeholders to ensure that new and changing services are effectively transitioned in line with key deliverables. Another you’ll be chairing and representing your team in service readiness meetings. And the next you might be working with your community developing culture, processes and capability for the challenges ahead.
You and your role
DWP is in the middle of probably the biggest digital transformation in the UK. The largest government department, we operate on a scale as big as anything in the retail or banking sectors, delivering services and payment every day to the millions of people who rely on us. We’re developing and delivering a huge range of new products and services, while transforming many legacy systems, taking more and more into live service and operations. The Service Transition Lead is key role for us.
As a Service Transition Lead you will be responsible for defining, enhancing and maintaining our policy and processes and protecting operational integrity. You’ll own day-to-day delivery as well as transforming capability across DWP Digital.
You have proven experience in continuous development, deployment and support of functional processes and teams so you can deliver outcomes for Service Optimization/Design and Service Transition/Release/Change Management. You will transform core Service Management processes and evangelise digital culture and practices across operations.
You’ll lead a number of multifunctional teams using your knowledge of industry best practice. You’ll guide our practitioners to build quality in to our operational services and systems. You will join a leadership team that provides the overall 24×7 operations so you will join the duty manager rota, meaning around 1 week in 8 on-call (with on-call allowance).
What are we looking for?
- You have experience at scale… You have experience of creating and implementing a service transition framework within a large scale organization including the definition and implementation of policies, processes with experience of project methodologies such as Agile, PRINCE2
- You have a steady hand on the tiller …You have leadership experience and you can shape and change processes
- You’re a Service Transition Management expert and advocate… You have industry experience in managing service testing and validation, configuration management, release and deployment, knowledge management and change management
- You just get things, and quickly… You grasp and communicate technical information quickly and challenge service design principles and artefacts.
Where will you work?
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in either Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle, where we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things. Get in touch to find out more about the facilities in your preferred location.
Here DWP Digital you’ll be joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of over 20 million UK citizens.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £70,102, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk