|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||up to £58,135|
|Work hours||37 per week (flexible working hours)|
|Employment type||Full Time|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||19 September 2019|
We’re looking for a brilliant People Change Project Manager to join us on DWP’s Digital Capability team. Our team builds and retains the talent that DWP needs to deliver a once-in-a-generation digital transformation, and improve the experience of the millions of people that access our services every day.
Our team supports Digital in building capability by learning, hiring and working together. We are driven to create an inclusive, engaging and healthy environment across the whole of Digital, where high performing teams can flourish.
We support major people transformation services which will help DWP become a world class digital organisation. One where we design, develop and deliver flexible, efficient, critical and secure systems and services. We provide our customers with what they need, when they need it in a seamless and efficient way.
You and your role
A skilled, experienced project manager with a background in people change, we’ll ask you to develop and deliver the people change project strategy for Digital. You’ll work closely with colleagues in Digital Capability and HR to ensure all change projects are business-led, aligned to the wider people plans, and that the right people are involved at right time.
You will lead the management, governance and delivery of projects, covering internal and external change. A persuasive and intelligent communicator, you know how to reach, convince, and deliver through, your stakeholders.
You will implement a dynamic plan for engaging and communicating with leaders, champions, partners and staff involved in change initiatives and project. And you’ll help us ensure they are all on point with what they need to know and to do when it comes to people change.
What are we looking for?
- You are experienced in designing and delivering people change projects at a function and organisational level, preferably within a Digital/IT environment.
- You understand different approaches to organisational design, change and/or capability build and you can select the most appropriate method to meet business needs.
- You have experience of working in a capability-build environment (eg L&D, recruitment etc) It’s also great if you have IT/Project Management (APMP, BCS Certificate or Prince2), but not essential
- You have good skills in managing stakeholders at all levels, across a complex and/or large organisation and ensuring colleagues are engaged, taken along the journey and supported throughout challenging periods.
- You are experienced in managing and inspiring teams, both directly and matrix, through ambiguous and tricky projects.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in your choice of Manchester or Blackpool.
In Manchester, we’re right on St Peter’s Square so dead handy for tram, trains and buses. And we have a basement level lock-up (with shower) if you like to cycle in. We’re right in the heart of the city so loads of great options if you want to eat, meet or shop at lunchtime.
In Blackpool, our hub sits in a nature park full of wild rabbits, birds, carp and even a family of otters. Inside you can enjoy gym facilities, wellness and relaxation zones, collaboration spaces, coffee shops, a canteen and lots more.
DWP Digital offers uniquely challenging and fulfilling careers for people interested in using their skills to make a genuine difference to society. We’re part of the UK’s biggest government department, and along with 85,000 colleagues, we support 20 million people every day to help them to find work and save for their future. Few other organisations globally provide the same opportunity to apply next-generation digital technology on a massive scale to issues which touch the lives of so many.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £58,135, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave allowance. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now. If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via email@example.com