|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||Up to £48,452|
A brilliant public service pension with employer contributions circa 10%, generous annual leave, up to 10% bonus, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more…
|Closing date||23 August 2019|
We are looking for an Agile Business Analyst to work with us on one of the biggest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
In BPDTS Ltd you will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP.
You’ll be joining an expert and dynamic BA community of practice working on cutting edge technology tools such as automation and robotics, which will help the UK’s largest government department better serve the 22 million people that rely on its services.
Our team truly cares about staff development having delivered on half a million-pound worth of learning and development to upskill and empower our people on things such as latest user research techniques. We also boast bespoke mentorship programmes to aid with personal and professional development.
You and your role
As an Agile Business Analyst yours is an integral role within our transformation programme. You’ll be challenging the status quo and delivering change projects in the digital space.
You’re adept at interacting with business stakeholders and subject matter experts and you’ll seek out to understand the root problems and user needs.
You’ll gather, refine, document, analyse and manage business processes and requirements within a Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) approach to software delivery. You’ll solve business problems by applying business modelling, analysis methods and standards using the latest technology tools and, as needed, design technical solutions.
You’ll identify business improvements and predict user and financial benefits; looking to reduce or eliminate non-value add activities as fit for an agile and lean organisation to better serve the members of the public.
What are we looking for?
As a business analyst you’ll understand the development lifecycle in terms of stages, principles and the changing responsibilities. And…
- You’re a strategy and lean methodology guru: being able to work effectively at pace across both agile and waterfall methodologies
- You simply deliver: producing quality requirements documents; construct process and data models and other outputs appropriate to the audience and methodology
- You can solve it like Sherlock: eliciting requirements using a range of techniques in order to understand current processes and gather and prioritise new requirement. You Investigate requirements, problems and opportunities and support effective solutions to meet user need
- You’re an effective communicator: Identifying, engaging and effectively managing relationships with stakeholders. You produce quality requirements documents; construct process and data models and other outputs appropriate to the audience and methodology
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join our team in Newcastle. In Newcastle we’re really close to Longbenton Metro station. It’s a great site with loads of cool facilities, like our gym, our indoor sports court, our great restaurants, cafes and snack bars and loads more. It’s a really collaborative, friendly place where we host regular events and meet ups.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £48,452
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
- We’re a learning organisation so you’ll have chance to develop your skills and career with BPDTS
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk