|Number of vacancies||4|
|Location||Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne|
|Salary||£38,264 — £41,359|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more…
|Closing date||2 October 2019|
You are responsible for creating the right environment for your multidisciplinary team to succeed, helping them to self-organise whilst creating a culture of learning and transparency. You’ll be a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes, a once-in-a-generation reform of government products and services.
As essentially a servant leader, you’ll keep pace with the introduction of relevant agile / lean tools and techniques, and remove obstacles and blockers that might get in the way of delivery.
You and your role
You’ll use a variety of agile and lean tools and techniques in order to help your team keep a delivery and learning cadence that helps to remain focused on delivering value against the product and/or project vision. You are skilled at agile and lean processes and methodology.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll lead collaborative planning processes, prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team. This might include facilitating daily stand-ups and other sprint ceremonies, and coaching teams on Agile tools and techniques.
As a good delivery manager you know that a happy team will produce the most amazing work, so you are skilled at building trust, managing team dynamics and motivating people.
What are we looking for?
- You build quality relationships: you manage and build relationships with the teams, relevant stakeholders and third party sub-contractors utilising effective and appropriate governance mechanisms. Managing team dynamics to ensure the team is aligned to the same objectives.
- You’re an agile guru: you have knowledge of agile tools and methodologies, and experience of the nitty-gritty of hands-on delivery
- You simply deliver: drive the creation of the business case, co-ordinate activities across stakeholder groups. Iterate the business case throughout the lifecycle of the project
- You’re a learning champion: Facilitate workshops, meetings with a variety of stakeholders, driving out outcomes and establishing the pace of delivery
- You can solve it like Sherlock: Manage risks, issues and dependencies (external and internal), taking responsibility by owning them till they are mitigated or resolved.
- You’re an effective leader: Leads by example, acting as a servant-leader demonstrate the right behaviours. Deals with conflict and helps establish a team culture that allows for constructive criticism
Where will you work?
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in either London, Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle, where we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things. Get in touch to find out more about the great facilities and culture in your preferred location.
Here DWP Digital you’ll be joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of over 20 million UK citizens.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £41,359, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk