|Number of vacancies||7|
|Location||Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Sheffield|
|Salary||£34,448 - £39,674|
Salary Up to £39,674 + brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||17 February 2020|
If you’re creative and skilled, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Agile Delivery Managers to join our team and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes. If you love solving problems and want to us your skills on projects with real impact, we’d love to hear from you.
You and your role
As an Agile Delivery Manager, you manage and deliver end to end, user-centered digital and technology projects and programmes. You will deliver value to our organisation and ultimately to the real people who use our products and services.You do this early and often by utilising agile delivery techniques.
You will play a major role in creating the right environment for your multidisciplinary team to succeed, helping them to self-organise whilst creating a culture of learning and transparency.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll lead collaborative planning processes, prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team. This might include facilitating daily stand-ups and other sprint ceremonies, and coaching teams on Agile tools and techniques.
As essentially a servant leader, you’ll keep pace with the introduction of relevant agile / lean tools and remove obstacles and blockers that might get in the way of delivery.
What are we looking for?
• You will have a strong background in agile methodology, Scrum/Kanban and experience of leading a delivery team .
• You have proven delivery experience in a complex environment that is starting on a Digital journey with the ability to effortlessly juggle multiple conflicting priorities and schedules.
• You can build great relationships and alignment with key stakeholders.
• You have the confidence and credibility to advise the product owner and others on delivery schedule and any impediments.
• You will have good working knowledge of tools like Jira or Confluence.
• You will have an understanding of software engineering, business operational process design, user research, user experience design and aspects of policy development that allows them to dynamically manage delivery at detailed task level.
• You are able to be the leader of agile/lean techniques within your team, ensuring the team is empowered to self-organise effectively.
Where will you work?
DWP Digital is a community of digital professionals within DWP, the largest government department. Our digital services are delivered from 6 modern, open and flexible hubs in Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
You’ll join us in one of our easy to reach hubs in Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne or Sheffield where you’ll enjoy great facilities and active local community.
Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £39,674, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working and family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
• And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Suchitra.firstname.lastname@example.org