|Location||London, Blackpool or Manchester|
|Salary||Up to £81,265|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||7 June 2019|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Programme Manager with knowledge and experience of Agile to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
As an Agile Programme Manager, you will lead delivery of a major product development programme within DWP. Your role covers agile, in-house, cross-functional delivery leadership for software development, user centred design, business operational process design and policy enhancement.
This exciting role is based in our Central Payments System (CPS) programme so you should have ideally a background in payments, finance or banking.
You and your role
You’ll call upon your deep reserves of Programme/Project Management experience, agile techniques and resilience in this lead role in our Central Payments Programme. CPS is critical to DWP. Everything we do touches a payment system and, as the UK’s largest government department, we process a huge volume of payments every day.
We work in a context of huge demand, high complexity and high profile. We deal with request for changes and upgrades from Operations and Finance, we strive for continuous improvement and we ensure that the lights stay on. The work we do has the eye of the most senior leaders in our organisation as well as government ministers.
You’ll have a key role working across DWP and cross-government projects, understanding and managing the whole portfolio. You will work across multiple delivery teams, managing relationships with the banking sector, other government departments, future projects and strategy teams.
Yours is a unique PM role which directly impacts real people in the UK, including some of the most vulnerable in our society. You’ll also have a real opportunity to influence how the industry, civil service, banking and beyond, manages and processes payments.
Given these challenges and opportunities, financial, banking and payments experience is vital. And you will have experience working and delivering chance in large and complex financial environments.
What are we looking for?
- You have managed multiple projects that include significant digital delivery.
- You have managed multiple agile deliveries that include in-house software development and product design.
- You have managed one or more complex programmes involving multiple agile teams with external dependencies.
- You have experience managing a live technical support team
- You understand ITIL service management and can integrate agile delivery with change, release and support processes
- It is desirable to have some experience in designing enterprise and/or solutions architecture
- It’s also desirable to have experience developing, testing and designing software solutions.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £81,265, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- And lots more
Building Our Future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in your ability.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll share ideas with colleagues from across the tech community, and grow your skills via our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information and to start your application click apply
If you want to discuss the role with us please contact me via email@example.com