|Number of vacancies||2|
|Salary||£31,208 — Up to £33,448|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||4 December 2019|
Join our team, build our brand, tell our story…
No two days are the same as an Associate Content Designer at DWP Digital. One day your focus will be on identifying and matching user needs to appropriate content formats. The next you’ll create and iterate simple and clear content that helps people get the information they need; in the way they need it.
As a key part of our product design community with stakes in the delivery of £billion systems and networks you’ll have the opportunity to use your skills to help deliver a once in a generation digital transformation.
You’ll produce content in various formats for gov.uk which hosts helpful and informative articles for UK and overseas citizens but also edgy and engaging articles that contribute to the cultural conversation. Check this article out https://yougov.co.uk/topics/lifestyle/articles-reports/2019/11/20/looks-and-personality-how-happy-are-britons
You and your role
As a Content Designer for DWP Digital you’ll have plenty of online editorial experience, working within multi-disciplinary teams and focusing on users’ needs. You’ll illustrate how you’ve made content progressively better with ongoing research, expert advice and data and sharing best practice with the product design community.
You’ll take users (the public and internal stakeholders) on a journey with compelling and meaningful content in the right place and in the best format. Working on end-to-end journeys – digital and non-digital – you’ll make sure people can readily complete their goal and that the service meets policy intent.
The scope is immense and evolving; you’ll be supporting public citizens via web pages, mobile content, documentation and anything they use to access the services. You’ll be working on intranet and internet content and interaction projects like guidance on applying for benefits and get involved in cutting edge stuff.
What are we looking for?
You are a phenomenal communicator…
- writing and editing using a style guide and plain English, using your exemplary spelling and grammar
You’re a product and tech whizz…
- using the results of user research, alongside web analytics data, to support content design decisions
You’re agile and disciplined…
- taking a user-centered approach to content design and explaining it to a wide-ranging audience, including senior stakeholders
- help to plan and take part in user research
You’re a trouble-shooter…
- advocating for good content design
You’re comfortable with ambiguity…
- understanding the role of content design within a service team and the department
Where will you work?
Our Leeds hub, based in Quarry House, is only a ten-minute walk from the train station. There’s also a daily shuttle bus between the railway station and Quarry House.
It has plenty of informal, collaborative spaces, and facilities include a restaurant, coffee bar, vending machines, cycle shelter and showers. It also houses the Forum Leisure Centre and Woodpecker Café Bar, with loads of activities, including swimming, squash and a gym.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £33,448, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk