|Salary||Up to £33,448|
|Work hours||37 hours per week|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||13 October 2019|
We’re looking for a Digital Engagement Manager to join our brilliant team
In this communications and engagement role you’ll focus on shaping and delivering communications within one of DWP’s most exciting, innovative and important Digital directorates, Data & Analytics.
You’ll define a compelling story about our work, engaging a variety of internal and external audiences using audience insight, your channel expertise and your creative communications skills. You’ll represent the voice of the audience to colleagues, providing credible communications advice as the trusted communications lead in your directorate.
Why are we hiring?
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We’re in the middle of one of the largest digital transformations in Europe; a once-in-generation challenge to meet and respond to the changing needs and expectations of millions of people who use and rely on our services. We want to unlock the potential of leading edge technologies and ways of working to make it quicker, easier and less costly for the people to get the support they need.
So we have a brilliant, exciting story to share, and a real opportunity to shape the understanding of DWP and our digital agenda, inside and outside the organisation. If you’re a creative, talented, and ambitious communications professional and you want to get help us tell that story, click apply. We’d love to hear from you.
Our team and your role
As our Digital Engagement Manager, you’ll provide communications and engagement expertise within DWP’s key Data & Analytics directorate.
D&A support DWP’s operational, analytical and reporting needs while striving to improve citizen outcomes and Data Security. We ensure we maintain and transform our services to reduce debt and drive efficiency. This enables us to make effective decisions, increase the quality of our statistical services, and enable further collaboration across boundaries with other departments.
Data& Analytics provides vital digital services to internal and external users on a significant scale, developing innovative solutions to improve user experience and outcomes. You’ll ensure our D&A colleagues are kept informed and engaged, as well as reaching wider internal and external audiences with news of our work as part of a joined-up story.
You’ll also be a member of our Digital Engagement community, which comprises a core communications and marketing team as well as experts (like this role) which are embedded in directorates and product teams.
The Digital Engagement team works at the heart of DWP Digital. We help specialist communities of digital, data and technology experts to grow, engaging colleagues on our vision and priorities, and involving colleagues in shaping our organisation.
We help 83,000 colleagues across DWP understand how digital is changing the way we work with customers and with each other. And we’re building the profile and reputation of DWP Digital externally, publicising the exciting work we do to help us attract and retain the talent we need to continue to transform our services.
What will you do?
- You’ll apply creative writing skills to bring complex issues to life for non-technical audiences using a consistent style through a range of channels and products
- You’ll draw on insight and feedback to develop innovative communications, for example updating D&A intranet pages and issuing communications across D&A, and assess the effectiveness of these
- You’ll support planning, delivery, evaluation and reporting on projects, gathering data and information to ensure alignment to our marketing goals
- You’ll and manage service performance statistics, utilising analysis tools and creating reports and dashboards for senior colleagues
- You’ll creatively explore, research, design and deliver engaging and innovative events for D&A, including community conferences, designing and creating event concepts and content.
- You’ll work with partners and venues to develop internal and external event plans, and evaluation measures, to ensure our events are delivered on time, to budget, and to high standards.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- You have experience of effective delivery and team working within a communication and reporting role
- You have worked with a diverse range of stakeholders across multiple disciplines and grades
- You can create engaging content for different channels and audiences ensuring the tone, language and format is effective, impactful and accessible
- You have experience of using professional expertise and political judgement to devise, deliver and evaluate effective communications, ideally in a large and/or complex organisation
- You’re organised and a great planner, with the ability to work effectively at pace, to targets and deadlines, and to manage budgets
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team in our brilliant hub in Newcastle. We’re just a short walk from Longbenton Metro.
We’re easy-to-reach with great facilities including a gym, sports courts and great lunch options. To find out a bit more take a look here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/dwp-digital-hub-locations/
You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary from £31,208 to 33,448, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, career pathways and progression opportunities, and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.