Number of vacancies
Blackpool, London, Newcastle-upon-Tyne or Sheffield
Up to £38,997
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
28 February 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives. We are looking for some who wants to launch a brilliant career as an Infrastructure Operations Engineer to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
Duties. Work. Projects.
About you and your role:
As an Associate Infrastructure Engineer you will input into the design, support and maintenance DWP’s infrastructure solutions and services.
You will work alongside a team of infrastructure specialists and engineers to make sure DWP services are delivered and operated as required, so they are available for the millions of people that use them
You’ll provide specialist technical assistance to projects ensuring delivery of non- functional requirements and continual service improvement.
You will also work with (and support) third parties who provide us with infrastructure services. And you’ll be responsible for the preparation and support of IT Operations solutions and services (physical or virtual) according to industry and organisational best practices standards, service requirements and KPIs throughout the lifecycle.
Our technical services include SAS, Informatica and Cloudera Manager for delivery of Data and Analytical services.
We’re a huge organisation, with complex and unique Infrastructure challenges. It’s a brilliant place to develop your skills and build your career as part of a supportive engineering community.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
• Administering and supporting infrastructure technologies, preferably with experience of SAS, or, Informatica, or, Cloudera Manager.
• Experience of ITIL Service Management frameworks or similar.
• Incident Management – you are ble to diagnose and prioritise incidents, investigating their causes and finding solutions.
• You are great at working as part of a team and a larger organisation: you build and maintain good relationships, and communicate well. You support and respect your colleagues, and you adapt to help others work at their best.
• You can deliver at pace: You are results focused and positive. You keep success criteria in mind, set clear plans and goals and review your work to make sure you’ll hit the mark. You make sure you and those around you have the tools to get the job done
• You are capable of managing a quality service: for us that means working with customers to understand their needs, and working in a way that prioritises them and the needsa of the business. You manage customer expectations and keep them up to date. And you’re always looking for ways to make things better.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in a brilliant digital hub in your choice of Blackpool, London, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, or Sheffield.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £38,997.a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com