|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Leeds, Manchester OR Newcastle|
|Salary||£31,989 — £34,285 per annum|
|Work hours||37 per week (flexible working)|
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
|Closing date||5 October 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for an Associate Interaction Designer to join our growing community. DWP is leading a once in a generation programme of welfare reform and you’ll help drive forward a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
DWP currently has an enormously ambitious and challenging agenda, often working in partnership with the private and voluntary sector. We provide services and support to over 20 million people, are responsible for over 730 million benefit payment transactions each year.
At the heart of this massive agenda is the digital transformation of the services that DWP provides, which will radically improve how government interacts with people. We’ll make our services easier and swifter to access; the time taken to develop new services will be decreased and the cost of delivery will be reduced significantly.
Duties. Work. Projects.
You and your role:
As an Associate Interaction Designer, you will grow to understand user needs and designs services, products and the tools to meet them.
Working alongside researchers and developers to deliver DWP services, products and tools which fulfil user needs, you will be assisting with the creation and iteration of prototypes to test and communicate ideas and help the wider team learn about user needs
With a strong understanding of all the elements of interaction design, you will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team in an agile environment to turn concepts into user-centred designs.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
• have the ability to encourage joined up teamwork within own team and across other groups and establish professional relationships with a range of stakeholders.
• understand the strategic drivers for your area of work, align activities to contribute to wider organisational priorities.
• can ensure colleagues and stakeholders have a clear understanding of objectives, activities and timeframes.
• have the ability to communicate in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner, choosing appropriate styles to maximise understanding and impact.
• understand what prototyping is and why and when to use it. Have an awareness of how to work in an open and collaborative environment (for example, pairing) and able to edit existing code and ‘re-use’ it.
• are aware of the need to translate technical concepts into non-technical language and understands what communication is required to internal and external stakeholders.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team with a base office at one of our Digital Hubs at either Leeds, Manchester, OR Newcastle.
We have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Please click this link to have a look here to find out more about what is on offer at each site.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via email@example.com
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link