|Number of vacancies||2|
|Salary||£31,208 - Up to £33,448|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||13 January 2020|
Digital Workplace Project. Digital with Purpose. DWP.
We’re looking for talented Service Transition Managers to join DWP’s Digital Workplace project and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes. If you love solving problems and want to use your skills on projects with real impact, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re delivering a once-in-a-generation reform of products and services that will put world class technology solutions into the hands of the people that need them most, whether that’s the millions that use and rely on DWP services or our brilliant frontline colleagues.
What is Digital Workplace?
It’s big. Over the last two years diverse DWP Digital teams have established Digital Workplace, an agile and multi-disciplinary service that supports over 84,000 employees, using more than 150 distributed cloud applications, operating out of more than 800 UK sites, and powering digital products and services used by more than 20 million people across the UK.
It’s evolving. So far we’ve moved all of our systems to hybrid hosting, removing the constraints of previous outsourced IT contracts, modernising our legacy infrastructure and stabilising performance.
We’re improving communication and collaboration with a mix of new hardware including mini-PCs, Surface Pro laptops and a growing mobile phone network. By upgrading our software with the latest versions of Office 365, Skype for Business and our rebooted staff intranet we’re making sure our people always have the right tools and the latest professional digital skills.
You and your role
As a Associate Service Transition Manager, you will protect the live environment and deliver beneficial changes to Digital Workspace by ensuring effective transition of IT services and changes.
You will manage the successful and safe introduction of new services and product into a new and existing environments ensuring minimal disruption to production to our people and our users.
You will collaborate with the Product, Release, and Test teams to assure deliveries and ensure transitions are supported with the right level of knowledge and documentation.
What are we looking for?
- You’re a Service Transition Management advocate: You have industry experience in managing service testing and validation, release and deployment, and change management. You will ensure all functions are sufficiently engaged to ensure successful transition of services into the run environment.
- You are process driven: You’ll be responsible for transition scheduling, planning, prioritisation, risk management and dependencies to ensure effective transition across multiple projects and divisions.
- You have experience delivering scale: You can lead and co-ordinate Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists and manage the transition of components.
You are a great communicator: You can build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and manage the business expectations through appropriate communications, reporting, assurance and governance.
Don’t worry if you don’t have all these though, there will be loads of opportunities to learn new skills on the job here, and loads of talented colleagues to learn from.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team in Manchester where you’ll enjoy great facilities and active local community.
Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
In Digital Workplace we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £33,448, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Suchitra.email@example.com