|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Leeds or Newcastle|
|Salary||£34,942 — £45,412|
|Work hours||37 hours per week|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working
|Closing date||27 January 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose
Are you a BI Developer with a deep technical expertise in digital performance analytics tools?
Do you know how to manipulate interrogate, implement, configure and articulate analytical data?
Are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation?
Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!
You and your role
We’re looking for talented BI Developer to join our growing community of experts on our Data & Analytics practice and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
You’ll have the skills required to develop accurate, efficient data solutions which meet customer and business needs. You will ensure the stability, robustness and resilience of the products you design and drive continuous improvement and capability growth in the data practice.
This is a big challenge, but also a big opportunity. You will have the chance to use and stretch your abilities, strengthen your experience and continue your professional development in a supportive environment. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
As a BI Developer (aligned to the Data Engineer practice), you are responsible for developing accurate and efficient data solutions.
You will design and build reports, dashboards and intelligence solutions that meet customer needs to agreed timescales.
You will use your development skills to ensure the stability, robustness and resilience of the products you build, and are in a position to effect changes to those products where necessary.
You will use your design skills to design appropriate and governed data visuals that are engaging, interactive and connect the viewer to the insight being presented.
This role involves:
• Defining version control mechanisms and strategies for the source code of products.
• Shaping solutions in a fit for purpose way; following the agreed principles and contribute to the overall Data Engineer Development lifecycle.
• Owning the stability of new products designed, including the on-going robustness, resilience and stability of these products.
• Supporting the growth of the team, by keeping abreast of market and industry trends, and sharing knowledge and experience with the rest of the team.
• Structuring data to meet the reporting requirements using dimensional or relational techniques.
Please note that this role requires SC Clearance at BPSS level which may take up to 4 weeks
Essential skills and experience
• Power BI
• Data Analysis
• ETL Concepts
• Test Analysis
• Communicating Analysis and Insight
• Technical Breadth
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hubs in either Leeds or Newcastle-upon-Tyne.Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £45,412 per annum, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working and family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning, development, coaching and mentoring programmes
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now.
If you’d like a chat first contact me via email@example.com
WATCH… Corinne our Lead Data Engineer share our vision, and talk about the value of data, its power to change lives, and what makes a great candidate in our recent webinar on data recruitment: