|Number of vacancies||3|
|Salary||£34,448 — up to £43,436 per annum|
|Work hours||37 per week (flexible working)|
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
|Closing date||30 January 2020|
Digital Workplace Project. Digital with Purpose. DWP.
We’re looking for talented Business Analysts to join DWP’s Digital Workplace project and become a key part of the team in delivering change within one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformations. If you’re experienced, ideally in an Agile environment, in a variety of elicitation methods (running workshops, interviews, focus groups etc.), we’d love to hear from you.
What is Digital Workplace?
Over the last two years diverse DWP Digital teams have established Digital Workplace, an agile and multi-disciplinary service that supports over 84,000 employees, using more than 150 distributed cloud applications, operating out of more than 800 UK sites, and powering digital products and services used by more than 20 million people across the UK.
So far we’ve moved all of our systems to hybrid hosting, removing the constraints of previous outsourced IT contracts, modernising our legacy infrastructure and stabilising performance.
It’s empowering our people through technology.
We’re improving communication and collaboration with a mix of new hardware including mini-PCs, Surface Pro laptops and a growing mobile phone network. By upgrading our software with the latest versions of Office 365, Skype for Business and our rebooted staff intranet we’re making sure our people always have the right tools and the latest professional digital skills.
Click this hyperlink to find out more from our Deputy Director David who explains how Digital Workplace offers a phenomenal challenge.
You and your role
As a key part of the team, you will be delivering change by working across the project delivery lifecycle to balance business needs and technical capabilities. Your goal is to define solutions that deliver value.
You’ll use your knowledge of industry best practice to detail and communicate requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria. And you’ll draw on your experience working in an agile environment to run workshops, interviews, focus groups and more.
Here, as part of a supportive and active BA community, you will be given the opportunity to continue to grow your skills working with senior Business Analysts, and experts from across digital, taking part in coaching and mentoring and pursuing relevant certifications.
You’ll also have chance to develop your management skills, spending some time managing Associate Business Analysts.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
For this role we welcome applications from those who can demonstrate that they have the ability to:
• utilise Agile methodologies, in collaboration with the project. Educate the other BA teams working on the service on Agile principles, methods and tools to support their development.
• lead workshops, interviews, focus groups and other techniques to effectively understand the business problems and user needs.
• translate the business problem and user needs into a set of detailed requirements for the solution that align to best practice methodology, with the appropriate use of epics, features, user stories and defined acceptance criteria.
• manage stakeholder relationships, ensuring alignment across business and technical stakeholders. Ensure issues and risks raised are resolved in an appropriate manner.
• test scenarios and conditions for use throughout the test cycle of each sprint and work with testers and developers to identify defects and resolutions.
• develop an understanding of the software lifecycle and leverage it to form a holistic view of the project from end to end.
Click this link to check out tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team at our digital hub in Manchester. Based in the city centre and easily accessible by tram, bus or rail, our facilities include a TechBar, café, cycle shelter, showers, Wudu washing facilities.
Have a closer look at the facilities via this link.
Also, check out this link as Manchester is the home to the GDS Academy, user experience lab and UX command centre.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via email@example.com