Number of vacancies
Manchester and Leeds
37 per week
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension, with employer pension contribution of around 27%
• A generous annual leave allowance
10 January 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
- Do you have an appetite for learning?
- Do you like finding out stuff that you know nothing about?
- Do you like working with people?
- Do you like to ask questions where others don’t?
- Do others describe you as proactive?
- Are you comfortable with change?
If you answer ‘YES!’ to all, or most, of those questions then you’ll want to apply for this brilliant opportunity.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver services to over 20 million users and we have more than 100,000 colleagues working with us. DWP Digital is using cutting edge tech solutions to reform how we deliver products and services, and how people interact with government, as part of a once-in-a-generation transformation programme.
We’re recruiting for 2 Business Analyst Apprentices to help us do that. One apprentice will be based in our Leeds Hub and one in our Manchester Hub.
So, what does a Business Analyst do in DWP Digital?
- We focus efforts into building things that people need
- We bring about changes and improvements to organisations
- We help improve how citizens interact with government
- We break down complex information into easier to understand chunks
LinkedIn reckon that Business Analysis is the sixth “most in-demand skill for 2020”, rising 10 places from the year before.
If you want to launch a career in a practice where your skills are highly valued and in demand across the technology sector and beyond, this is a great place to start.
You don’t have to have a degree to apply, although those with degrees are still welcome. All we require is that you have both English and Maths at Grade C/ Level 4 or above at GCSE level or equivalent.
How does the DWP Digital BA apprenticeship work?
As an Apprentice Business Analyst (BA) you will learn about the techniques used by BAs and begin to support and contribute to core activities.
You will grow your skills and experience through working with more experienced BAs and through the support of other people in the same profession. You’ll also be helping us deliver products and services that will be used by millions of people, at key times in their lives. You’ll be working on real stuff with the power to touch and improve millions of lives.
It’s an 18-month structure apprenticeship, and you’ll have chance to work towards recognised certificates, via a recognised provider. You’ll have a learning and development journey mapped across the duration of your apprenticeship, working with an external and an internal mentor to shape your future career and build a portfolio of BA skills including:
- Investigation Techniques
- Business Process Modelling
- Requirements Engineering and Management
- Data Modelling
- Gap Analysis
- Acceptance Testing
- Stakeholder Analysis and Management
- Business Impact Assessments
- Agile Ways of Working
What do I need to demonstrate in my application?
- You have a keen interest in learning and self-development
- You’re enthusiastic when it comes to dealing with changes or new challenges
- You’re collaborative when it comes to working with others
- You can proactively maintain a balance between work and learning
- You have an inquiring mindset – interested in finding out more about a situation or problem
- You will need to have both English and Maths at Grade C/ Level 4 or above at GCSE level or equivalent.
The apprenticeship is designed to give you the required learning and qualifications become a business analysis professional. It is not definitely expected that you apply to the scheme with any prior business analysis qualifications (although if you do, and you want to apply, go ahead!).
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in a brilliant DWP digital hub in your choice of Manchester or Leeds: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations
We also have all the tech and tools we need to work flexibly. Lots of us are working from home at the moment due to Covid-19.
In return for your skills we offer starting salary of £27,565, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
Our broad benefits package is built around your work-life balance and includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
- Bring your authentic self to work with ‘I can be me in DWP’
- Work in an organisation nominated for 2020’s ‘Best Place to Work in Digital’
- We also won the 2020 Women in Tech award for best Public Sector Employer
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application on Civil Service Jobs.